aaa Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

10-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 8

Original Message                 Date: 01-Aug-98  @  10:08 PM   -   Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Phill

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Yo Supernova Supporters!!

We are going to update the Factory sounds with version 3 OS to take advantage of new parameters. This presents an opportunity to update the factory sounds.

Please, Please advise your thoughts on the following:

Firstly what sounds in the Factory Sounds you think are useless!!

- we will delete these and add new ones...

What type of sounds do you want to see more of?

Please describe the sounds "You" want in detail. "More Pads" for example is not really enough, "Deep Atmosphere AKA Korg Wavestation" is better.

If you have any sounds you think kick a___ for the Supernova then please send to me @ p.macdonald@btinternet.com.

We are going to compile a new set of factory sounds for Version 3 OS of Supernova. Any comments welcome. All older versions of factory sounds will be available on our internet site.
http://www.nova-uk.com.

Cheers,
Phill@Novation

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/79             18-Aug-98  @  12:37 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

brian

Hi Phill
Can't use "Ravin On" or acoustic emulations. And I don't need distorted sounds in particular.

How about showing off those great filters with sounds that have creative use of envelopes and synched LFO's? These could include moving, morphing ambient pads (but not too many, as I suspect these take too long to create), as well as interesting lead or arp sounds that have a Vince Clarke sort of personality. Also more arpeggiated stuff would be great!

I sound like I'm just repeating your own suggestions, but I think you have a good idea of what I want  

Thanks,
Brian

Message 12/79             22-Aug-98  @  09:29 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Muffy

Agreed about RavinOn.
Give us more of everything! ;-) I know this isn't very helpful but I'm having difficulty finding any sounds that I don't like after a couple of tweeks here and there.

Message 13/79             03-Sep-98  @  12:37 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Kewa

Hi Phill

I'm satisfied with the factory sounds.

The only sound i'm missing is a fat Roland Alpha-Juno 2 stack sound. I don't know if this is possible ?

I know this is an overused sound but i'd still like to see it in the nova !!!

See ya,

Steve

Message 14/79             23-Sep-98  @  08:33 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

SGB03307

Hello Phill,
I just bought the machine few days ago but I am really really excited about what Supernova can do. I will be able to tell you more of what I want in few weeks but for now, I just wanted to say thank you very much for the great Job and looking forward to the new OS3 and more exciting patches.

Yours Truly.

Tak Yonemochi
Air Pavilion

Message 15/79             27-Sep-98  @  01:07 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

gclutterbuck

What's the latest news on OS3, Phil?

I, and many others no doubt, are impatiently waiting twiddling our knobs(!) until it's available. Can you give us a clue on a release date, and the kind of sounds you've been working on? Keep up the good work.

Message 16/79             27-Sep-98  @  10:56 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Mickey

Hi - Phil is on vacation until the 4th Oct. OS 3 has been delayed. AFAIK to implement some REALLY cool features, including better SysEx/NRPN librarian/editor support. Please don't ask him for a release date... you know... its software! Its finished when its finished - we don't want lots of bugfix & service releases etc.later - or do we ?

- Mickey.

Message 17/79             27-Sep-98  @  03:05 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

jason.rowe

NOVATION

Please please please dont go the same way everyone else go's and stop supporting new products. Will it be one, two, six months ?

Message 18/79             04-Oct-98  @  12:53 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Phill

Web have inplemented may wishes from you...THE USERS plus some very cool new features and this has meant some delay in OS3 release. At the current time I would estimate the OS3 release to be in about a month from now. I will post info on this forum and on mickeys site as soon as spec is finalised.

Phill@Novation

Message 19/79             14-Dec-98  @  11:55 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

nick.rice

OK, so for the new sounds, lets see some more piki type sounds, and others that we can rez up and stick loads of delay on to write trance with. Some cool pads would be good, and cut the piano's - if I want a piano I'll use a piano module! (this goes for all real instruments really) Also lets have some more drum sounds (preferably arranged in some sort of order in the banks too) - GIVE ME EPIC PADS!!!!! Cool whizzy pads and good rezzy strings are cool.

P.S Does anyone elses buttons only respond when you put all your weight on them, or is it just my Supanova?

Message 20/79             18-Dec-98  @  10:57 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

kevin

Ambient pads are what I need
the most; moving, swirling,
phasing, sweeping, perhaps
with some subtle arps in
there somewhere. Subtle is
the key for me; pads suitable for 90 bpm ambient
music. I almost never hear
factory pads that spark my
imagination; they tend to be
too 'pyrotechnic' for my
tastes, but perhaps I'm getting old . . :>)

Thanks for asking.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 8

There are 79 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)