aaa Supernova: good or garbage? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Supernova: good or garbage?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 30-Nov-98  @  03:36 AM   -   Supernova: good or garbage?

Joe mama

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

What is the deal I been hearing there are a lot of problems with the box..Users please fill me in before i spent my blood money.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/27             04-Dec-98  @  10:53 PM   -   RE: Supernova: good or garbage?

ssante

Simply put, the SN is one of the finest synths I have ever owned. I couldn't imagine being without this tool now. I am using it frequently on my new project which is currently in progress. The sound is warm, rich, and rounded. The SN is well suited for a wide variety of genre's.

Message 12/27             05-Dec-98  @  05:49 AM   -   RE: Supernova: good or garbage?

Fuck you

You sound like an add for Novation you queer! Get yourself a set of balls and speak from the heart- Not from your vagina!

Message 13/27             05-Dec-98  @  11:07 AM   -   RE: Supernova: good or garbage?

Mickey

Sorry to disturb you, but do you think, this is
an appropriate tone for a public forum ?

Message 14/27             05-Dec-98  @  09:37 PM   -   RE: Supernova: good or garbage?

Phill

He probably works for some competition or is just sad...

Phill@Novation

Message 15/27             07-Dec-98  @  09:56 PM   -   RE: Supernova: good or garbage?

logiclo

hello
I had the plesure to have the first supernova in israel.It's realy a BIG!!! machine.
I still have some problems (with a new one),but i'm shure he's gonamake it.

p.s
howe come i have the o/s version 1 ???

Message 16/27             10-Dec-98  @  03:42 PM   -   RE: Supernova: good or garbage?

li81pa

i have got the BS and the DS, which are good synths at a bargain price. But I was a bit disapointed by the Supernova, waiting for something very new and original. It IS a very good gear, but i think there is no real comparison with gears like the ATC1 of Studio Electronics or a Minimoog, and others... I can't explain why, but the ATC1 will astonish me every day, whereas the JP8000 or even the Supernova propose things we already know, we have already heard.
The gears that are now inovating are the FSR1 of Yamaha, or the NordModular. Moreover, i never buy synths with 8 parts, because i use one synth for one sound at time. Maybe a light version of the Supernova could seduce me?

Message 17/27             14-Dec-98  @  12:28 PM   -   RE: Supernova: good or garbage?

nick_rice

Well, To put it bluntly, BUY A SUPERNOVA - it's a huge investment, but well worth it - It certainly made my walorf pulse redundant!

With regards to the buggy OS, I'm sure OS3 will sort everything right out!

Message 18/27             16-Dec-98  @  05:54 AM   -   RE: Supernova: good or garbage?

p_lewis

Yo Phil,
any dealers in Canada yet? and i hope they don't sell with OS1!!

Message 19/27             16-Dec-98  @  06:00 AM   -   RE: Supernova: good or garbage?

p_lewis

to 'logiclo':
exactly my fear: when we finally get some product in Canada, that it has more freight stickers on it than Aunt Zelda's big ass and has been travelling since OS circa 1901.

Message 20/27             24-Dec-98  @  07:51 PM   -   RE: Supernova: good or garbage?

pelle

No PWM and No oscillators sync !!!!!!
A must for a Analogue Sound Modelling.
what gives novation??

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 27 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)