aaa Whats Happening at Frankfurt? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

09-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Whats Happening at Frankfurt?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 28-Feb-99  @  04:02 PM   -   Whats Happening at Frankfurt?

Willy

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Something big is going down at Frankfurt. Is it just a new OS or is their something more sinister. A hardware upgrade perhaps? Any ideas?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/31             08-Mar-99  @  06:08 PM   -   RE: Whats Happening at Frankfurt?

kevin

I view these statements as
legitimate concerns, not as
complaining. Many people on
this forum are experienced
programmers, and when the
gear doesn't perform as expected, we simply let Novation know what we think.
I applaud Novation for the SN and for creating (and reading) this forum, but that doesn't mean that they
have a perfect synth . . .
yet!

Message 12/31             08-Mar-99  @  07:32 PM   -   RE: Whats Happening at Frankfurt?

Mickey

Unfortunately many companies rush out the hardware as soon as its ready, not waiting until the programmers have the software bugfixed. One extreme annoying example is the Supernova with OS 1: How can a company ship a product with this terrific delay-click-bug. Did no one test this feature before shipping the unit ??? Unbelievable...

Mickey / addicted to MIDI Clock Delays... therefore a bit angry because OS 2 still clicks... :-) & appreciating the OS 3 promise...

Message 13/31             09-Mar-99  @  07:14 PM   -   RE: Whats Happening at Frankfurt?

Phill

Yo... Great to hear some people like what we do...

Some people just like to knife us...

We will release V3 ASAP,

When you get it your polyphony will be expanded to 20 Voices on the 16 voice model and 44 on the 32 Voice model...

New sounds...

Expanded Midi spec...

12 effect configutations with realime Morphing...

16 really shit hot Reverb types...

It's FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phill@Novation

Message 14/31             09-Mar-99  @  09:09 PM   -   RE: Whats Happening at Frankfurt?

cackirk

Wow an extra 4 voices (for my 16 voice) for Free! I can't wait. All those people moaning should try and get service like this from one of those big companies, you know the ones.

Three cheers for Novation.

Message 15/31             10-Mar-99  @  12:02 AM   -   RE: Whats Happening at Frankfurt?

Mickey

Phill: So we won't get additional filter models and additional oscillator waveforms ? Hmmm... is this supposed for OS 4 ?

Mickey / who "just can't get enough"

Message 16/31             10-Mar-99  @  01:13 AM   -   RE: Whats Happening at Frankfurt?

stevoe

Yeah, 4 extra voices is good but I was hoping for a new function that would write an instant classic No.1 hit and then press another button and out pops a plate with kaviar and a bottle of Champagne, oh and what about a twiddle on the resonance knob and out pops Claudia Schiffer naked and holding a bag full of money for me. Honestly Phil, I thought you had your finger on the pulse of us Supernova users. Maybe OS4 then.... ;-)

Message 17/31             10-Mar-99  @  05:44 AM   -   RE: Whats Happening at Frankfurt?

kevin

Been using my SN again all evening
and came to the same conclusion I always come to when I sit down and use this thing for a while: IT IS
AWESOME!

Message 18/31             10-Mar-99  @  03:36 PM   -   RE: Whats Happening at Frankfurt?

punter

well Lostwire... what the fuck did you buy a synth with NO vocoder for if that is what you wanted??........ next you'll be complaining cos it ISN'T also a multitrack recorder !!??...

.... I mean..... did it say it had a vocoder fitted when you bought it?.... no.... so how the hell is that "not performing as expected" ??.... and being an experienced programmer as you say, then you've even less excuse for purchasing a unit that isnt what you want, as you should be fully aware of a units capabilities, unlike a newbie....
so... are you saying, that given the choice, you'd rather have less polyphony....less outs etc, yet HAVE the vocosder & audio IN's?...... why not complement your supernova with a vocoder unit ?...

what i want to know is... how.. is your complaint of lack of vocoder & audio in's justified?....surely, it's simply cos you want it?....

lastly, .... if a vocoder is so important to you... you must be a few sandwiches short of a picnic to claim you've spent 50K on kit over the years, and then moan cos you ommited to purchase a vocoder... i can buy a house for that price... if you want one so much, how come you never bought one before??....THAT... to me, logically leads to the conclusion that you are in fact just pissed cos you want more....simply cos it's on another different unit...

Now.... to mr Kevin, the complaining i'm refering to is when people get a synth, then complain cos a new model comes out with different or more features... that, has nothing to do with a unit "NOT performing as expected"..... this is all utter toss...How can the supernova NOT be performing as expected?...what?... cos it has no vocoder ?.... i suggest you read the spec's closer.....

people dont walk into a Nissan dealer and buy a Micra to use around the farm, then complain cos they should have bought a Land-Rover.... you should buy kit based on WHAT YOU NEED....cos something is always going to be updated... it's called 'Moore's Law' mate....check it out...

THAT... was what i was criticising..... NOT faulty units.... or OS glitches.... anyways.... can you name me a perfect synth?..... i think criticising Novation (or implying criticism) for NOT producing a PERFECT synth is.... er.....utter cobblers

Message 19/31             10-Mar-99  @  04:34 PM   -   RE: Whats Happening at Frankfurt?

Phill

You'll get new waves and filters in OS4. we are already discussing the possibilities...

Phill@Novation

We will do a special OS for me with the Claudia Schiffer Thing...

You can keep the Champange...My version will supply a Crate of German lager!!!

Message 20/31             10-Mar-99  @  05:46 PM   -   RE: Whats Happening at Frankfurt?

strippler

Even Claudia is growing older, so don't waste too much time on OS 3 ;-)
and tell your programmers that only Bitburger Pils is worth to be served by an SN, may be Krombacher cause of their nice advertising: http://home.nikoma.de/hirada/Truth/

Sincerely

Stefan

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 31 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)