aaa drum and bass - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: drum and bass

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 12-Apr-99  @  08:33 AM   -   drum and bass

z8818525

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

hi, I'm thinking about getting a supernova but was wondering if anyone on here does d&b and whether you think the snv is good for d&b, for inyafacebass. Say compared to jp8000,Z1 nord etc.

thanks for your time and thoughts
craig

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/24             14-Apr-99  @  12:15 PM   -   RE: drum and bass

miltonschwermer

The guy who's singing his praises for the JP over the SN does not know what he's talking about. Please ignore him. I can't be bothered to go into the principles of synthesis, but suffice to say that those of us who do know something about it will know the absolute supidity of this guy.

Milton

Message 12/24             14-Apr-99  @  07:09 PM   -   RE: drum and bass

alex.ayres

gamma - wait till u hear the JP again!, its not so much about the attack value (merely and arbitrary number), but more about the weight and balls of the attack.

Phil- your obviously biased - i work for no-one, i have both, and I KNOW

Milton - its not about 'priciples of synthesis', its about the sound and the music, and im my opinion the JP has much more thump. Furthermore, you dont get zipper noise on the JP. I guess your programming isnt up to scratch.

Message 13/24             14-Apr-99  @  07:13 PM   -   RE: drum and bass

Phill

I could show you scope traces that
proove I'm right...

But I don't want to get into that...

Phill@Novatio

Message 14/24             14-Apr-99  @  10:26 PM   -   RE: drum and bass

alex.ayres

Phil,

again you fail to see the point. its about what sounds good.

to reiterate my point,it boils down to the fact that Roland have had much more experience in the field field of digital synthesis - not to mention all their analog classics.

Get rid of the reverb and distortion (neither very good), and give the sound more punch.

Message 15/24             18-Apr-99  @  12:58 AM   -   RE: drum and bass

vuduimp

Link?:  Link

Personally, I just plain don't like the JP. If I was forced to buy it or the SN, I'd take the SN ANY day.

BUT, it's hard to make a judgement between the Z1 and the SN. They have such different tonal qualities. They'd accent each other very nicely, but I couldn't choose between one or the other. Better save and get both ;-)

Check

http://members.xoom.com/chemvein/

for my synth reviews.

Message 16/24             18-Apr-99  @  06:05 AM   -   RE: drum and bass

pheer

I've had both the jp8000 and the an1x, and ESPECIALLY for the price, I'd go an1x all the way..now that they've been discontinued, Sam Ash has a blowout on them for like 500 bones (US). Theres another option (btw - you can download all the jp8000 factory patches for the an1x, they sound 10x better on the yamaha) but yeah, I don't like the jp is what it all comes down to (although it is a fun performance synth, real time controls 4 life :P)
tony .

Message 17/24             18-Apr-99  @  08:24 PM   -   RE: drum and bass

Phill

vuduimp@hotmail.com

What does sound good then in your
books...

Phil

Message 18/24             18-Nov-01  @  05:07 PM   -   RE: drum and bass

deinja_pr

I really need some help,currently Ive been working in a friends home studio but a lot of what Ive been doing has been on a computer Im very much in to Hard tech step d&b, Im interested in buying my own equipment. My question is,
With a $15,000.00 budget what should I get?

please help me out,E-mail me!

Message 19/24             18-Nov-01  @  07:39 PM   -   RE: drum and bass

influx

Link?:  Link

$15000? jesus!!!

dude. you dont need all that.

get a good sampler. Id say witht he price of E4xt ultra get one of those, or an akai S5000 or 6000

a couple synths...maybe 3, one true analog, one VA, and one digital for strings and stuff

a mixer...hell if you have the money and some space maybe a mackie 24/8. Good mixer for the money (or a soundcraft ghost 24?)

but..see..even Im getting ahead of myself here. Get ONE piece first. the sampler. learn how to use it and a sequencer. then move from there.

Message 20/24             19-Nov-01  @  08:40 AM   -   RE: drum and bass

Rzo

$15000 is alot. If you dont have a Mac already, I would suggest taking care of that asap. I am still dealing with a PC for midi and its crap   Go with an EMU sampler.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 24 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)