aaa FORUM GONE? - READ THIS - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: FORUM GONE? - READ THIS

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 16-Apr-99  @  03:39 PM   -   FORUM GONE? - READ THIS

kilo

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hi peeps - i built the forum for Novation - Phill decided to close it down cos of occaisional stupid posts..... we are still running the Forum at www.dancetech.com..... although I can't vouch for how often Phill will contribute if at all - L8ers - pass this around to anyone who didn't bookmark the actual forum and was relying on getting in via the Novation front-end - feel free to add links (Mickey?)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/24             28-Apr-99  @  12:20 AM   -   RE: FORUM GONE? - READ THIS

rsowden

Can't wait for the sounds! Hopr you moniitor this site often.
thanks!

Rich

Message 12/24             28-Apr-99  @  12:45 AM   -   RE: FORUM GONE? - READ THIS

josgc

Yes, Phill, things were better when the forum was in Novationīs site. Of curse this is better than nothing, but, as other people have been saying, it seems like Novation got rid of the forum by the worse way possible, without even having a little bit of courtesy for its users, nor asking for our opinion. The forum gave Novation the image of a democratic company where users could directly talk to the developers of the product, giving ideas and making suggestions in an interactive way never seen before which really gives internet its truly sense. This is what in fact associated Novation with the idea of a modern user- friendly company, a living company, in contrast with the traditional impersonal monolitic- dictatorial companies from which you never knew how to expect. Novation introduced the idea of equality in the relation between the user and the company, and the forum was the key to open this new world of possibilities. When I saw the new page I thought of a stone wall; it seemed like if the living page we had had been in traition elliminated and substituted by somekind of robot called "tech support". Yes, I canīt imagine a better word to describe novationīs acting. As we -the users- contributed to the development of the forum with our attention, I think that it was somehow "our" forum, a common place for all of us, and taking it off without asking for an opinion is a misrespect for its users. At least the forum didnīt dissapear, but we all know it wonīt be the same. Now the forum hasnīt got any protection or real support from the company, so it only will exist in its old sense to the old users which will try to remember as it was before it was unexpectedly "retired". The ellimination of the forum has in my opinion been a backwards step, an awesome error reflecting a tremendous blindness from the company; and it has also been a swindle in the sense it gave people an idea of interaction wich has been demonstrated to be false as when an important decission directly affecting the users was taking unilaterally. I have been visiting Novationīs web page for a long time and sadly this has been the first time I felt that the blue novationīs logo only reflected coldness.

Message 13/24             28-Apr-99  @  12:56 AM   -   RE: FORUM GONE? - READ THIS

josgc

by mistake, in the first line appears "of course", where the correct expression is "of course"; of course the curse was the one which made the help forum dissapear from its original place; I have to thank the enchantment which made it be here.

Message 14/24             28-Apr-99  @  12:59 AM   -   RE: FORUM GONE? - READ THIS

hotmail.com

Ok, I repeated the mistake. Where it appears "of curse" the correct is "of course". I apologize for it.

Message 15/24             28-Apr-99  @  11:42 AM   -   RE: FORUM GONE? - READ THIS

kilo

no java here boys - **** that slow incompatible junk... now Phill dearest I've told you before you gotta get rid of that un-web-friendly, stone-aged, "my olde" mac... :-)

these reply boxes are standard forms... no java or anything is used for them - just standard form.... the CONTENT they send out IS manipulated... but the form you type into is a standard form - if it is slow here it'll be slow on any form anywhere on the web... :-)

Message 16/24             28-Apr-99  @  07:33 PM   -   RE: FORUM GONE? - READ THIS

rsowden

The ONLY thing I like better about the forum being here is the clock in the corner.

Message 17/24             28-Apr-99  @  09:31 PM   -   RE: FORUM GONE? - READ THIS

Mickey

Phill - just go directly to

http://www.dancetech.com/chat/chat-nova/threads.cfm

and you avoid all performance problems.

Kilo - didn't you want to send me the necessary HTML to embed the forum into the NovaStation site ?

Message 18/24             01-May-99  @  02:57 AM   -   RE: FORUM GONE? - READ THIS

kilo

mate - hang on i gotta deadline i'm doing - after that - i can look at your pages, i need your url... so i can match the look, the pages haveta reside on my server, i'm just gonna make 'em look better to match your site,,, also if you're prepared for an hour offline sometime, i can upgrade the forum to email the original questioner if a reply is added - just gotta add a new field.

Message 19/24             02-May-99  @  07:12 PM   -   RE: FORUM GONE? - READ THIS

Mickey

Howdy! ok - I'll do some redesign with the NovaStation pages, then I'll get back to you. (Deadline - what deadline - what projects are you doing ?)

Have a nice day!

M.

Message 20/24             03-May-99  @  08:24 PM   -   RE: FORUM GONE? - READ THIS

Phill

Hey kilo!!!

If Mac's are sooooo bad howcome
almost all the printers in the world
use em?

A-Cos they work.
B-Cos they are fast.

How many Audio tracks can you pull
on your PC?

Apple state that the G3 is pretty
much twice as fast as a PC running at
the same clockspeed.

I have nothing against PC's but for
computation heavy applications like
Bryce/Photoshop/Digital audio I would
prefer the Mac platform.

However on the PC side...Microsoft
have the monopoly on software design.

PC's are getting faster...the
situation may change soon I feel..

And Apple seem to have lost the
plot...

MIDI is crap on the new USB
interfaces and there is no SCSI so
all the speed for Video/Audio
recording is lost until somebody
delivers the Firewire stuff...

That means total upgrade of all
equipment...computer/HD's/keyboard/Au
dio interfaces and software...

But hey...maybe a spring clean is
due...I've still got my atari 1040ste
with monitor...& SCSI kit Ģ50 the
lot...any offers?

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 24 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)