aaa Bass Station Problems...HELP! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Bass Station Problems...HELP!

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 23-Aug-97  @  12:40 AM   -   Bass Station Problems...HELP!

brad

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Well, I picked up a new Bass Station yesterday and I'm already having problems with it!
What's happening is when I go to save a sound that I've created, say on channel 7, it will also save that sound to channel 1.
This, in effect is only leaving me with 4, instead of 7, channels to save on.
Does anybody know what the cause of this would be?
Here is the list of mirror saves:
7 & 1
Manual channel & 6
5 & 3
4 & 2

Any and all tips appreciated!!
One more thing, is there a way that I can sync the LFO to the tempo of my DR-660?

Thanks,
Brad

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/33             26-Aug-97  @  11:17 AM   -   RE: Bass Station Problems...HELP!

Kilo

er....nice to see the brotherhood of dance musicians is thriving so well........er dont understand the channels thing......when you save a soundpatch dump, there's no channel assignment saved with it as far as I know ?..........so dont understand the question.......but ....YES you can clock the LFO to your DR.....simply assign the LFO to midi clock......then set the DR to output midi clock as the master........the rest of you......stop your bitchin'..........

Message 12/33             26-Aug-97  @  03:58 PM   -   RE: Bass Station Problems...HELP!

Org

Dear Mr Blank, referring to your previous comments and slagging off some guy who was just asking for help, can i reccommend that you diliberatly cut the brake lines on your car, accellereate upto 100mph and collide with a wall?

Message 13/33             26-Aug-97  @  03:58 PM   -   RE: Bass Station Problems...HELP!

Org

Dear Mr Blank, referring to your previous comments and slagging off some guy who was just asking for help, can i reccommend that you diliberatly cut the brake lines on your car, accellerate upto 100mph and collide with a wall?

Message 14/33             26-Aug-97  @  11:56 PM   -   RE: Bass Station Problems...HELP!

brad

Avene:
I'm interested. If you can, send me some more info on the Pulse and ATC1 (such as who makes them, how much, etc.) Thanks!
Kilo:
Thanks for the LFO tip, I'll try it out tonight. As for my problem, let me see if I can explain it better (Keep in mind that I'm saving it on the keyboard itself, not a computer).
I will create a sound that I want to save, so I flip the protect switch to write. I then go and compare the previous sounds, find a save spot (lets say channel number 7). I hit write and flip the switch back to protect.
I then go to play my sound on channel 7. Everything sounds fine . . . until I go to channel number 1 and find that the sound that I originally saved on channel 7 is now also on channel number 1.
You see, by saving on channel 7, I inadvertantly saved on channel 1 also (by no fault of my own).
If all this sounds like I'm being sarcastic, I don't mean it. I'm just trying to explain the problem in detail.
Any way, I've emailed Sean over at Novation's US distributor, so, if this is too odd of a problem for here, maybe he'll be able to help me.
Or, I could just take the stupid piece of shit back and get a refund.

Thanks,
Brad

Message 15/33             27-Aug-97  @  09:55 AM   -   RE: Bass Station Problems...HELP!

kilo

aha......well with the old model basstation, save position1 is/was the edit position, after which you saved the edit to whatever position number you liked........so maybe that is how this model works.......maybe patch1 is allocated as an edit buffer type place, after which you can save it to position 2, 4, 7 or whatever.......so maybe it automatically updates the first slot if you try to edit in a save patch position ?......maybe....

Message 16/33             27-Aug-97  @  03:49 PM   -   RE: Bass Station Problems...HELP!

avene

Link?:  Link

The Pulse is made by Waldorf, a German company, and the ATC by Studio Electronics. They Both use a MiniMoog filter which sounds incredible. I did a comparison when I had both the Pulse and the BassStation, and there's no way the BassStation could compete. The bottom end on the Pulse is intense. The ATC may be better in a way. It has 512 presets and interchangable filters. You can get a 303 filter for it aswell.

Message 17/33             27-Aug-97  @  03:52 PM   -   RE: Bass Station Problems...HELP!

avene

Link?:  Link

P.S. They don't cost much more than the BassStation Rack. The Pulse has a wicked arppegiator also.

Message 18/33             27-Aug-97  @  08:57 PM   -   RE: Bass Station Problems...HELP!

kilo

well, the old basstation is down to £ 220 retail...........and the newer B'station has extra sub-bass so I dunno......I'd have to try a pulse.

Message 19/33             28-Aug-97  @  01:33 AM   -   RE: Bass Station Problems...HELP!

brad

Damn! I would love to get all of this shit that you guys are talking about (such as Pulse, Super Bass Station).
However, I have to draw the line somwhere, especially considering that I don't have much of a budget and am saving up for a good computer (I have none right now).
Anyways, Kilo, I don't think this is it.
The way that my Bass Station is layed out is, I have channels 1-7 AND a special editing channel.
So, your explanation couldn't be it. Oh well.
Regarding the LFO sync (I don't know shit about MIDI right now, but I'm trying Bessie . . .):
If you could, Kilo, give me step-by-step instructions to sync the LFO to the DR-660.
I can tell you that I went from my Bass Station Midi out to the DR-660 Midi in, thus allowing me to play some Bass Station notes on my DR-660.
What happened was on some of my light drum patterns (not filled out with different rythms), I would get a cool effect that was KIND OF like a 303 (LFO on random).
Anyways, if you can decipher this, what am I doing wrong?

Kilo and Avene,
Thanks much for all the info. This is a truly good thing when you can turn to people for help and they won't insult you!!

later,
Brad

Message 20/33             28-Aug-97  @  11:32 AM   -   RE: Bass Station Problems...HELP!

kilo

well, I aint got one, didn't you get a manual telling you how to sync up the LFO ?......

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 33 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)