aaa Sounds I need... - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Sounds I need...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 20-Oct-97  @  07:19 PM   -   Sounds I need...

DJ Phallus

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Okay, I'm looking for some sounds, so I was wondering if somebody knows where to get them/how to make'em myself.
First, that sound from "Ready or not, by the fugees. Any ideas on how to recreate it with some type of softsynth?
I need some good single-hit sounds for chemical-beats, and breakbeats, like the prodigy. Where can I get'em? I don't want to buy equipment for them, I was hoping there would be some site that has some.
Thanks!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/53             22-Oct-97  @  06:56 PM   -   RE: Sounds I need...

Avene

Link?:  Link

$1000, damn, that's alright, get it! They're really easy to program, nothing like Akai S series samplers. The midi timing is spot on. How come he's got 4? That's about how many there are here in Australia. Actually there's probably still only about 3 here.

Message 12/53             22-Oct-97  @  07:09 PM   -   RE: Sounds I need...

Avene

Hilevelt, another thing, I've got this program called Awave that converts .wav files to MPC3000 format and vice versa. So if you've got lots of .wavs you could easily convert them. I'm gonna put this program up on my site soon anyway.

Message 13/53             23-Oct-97  @  05:49 PM   -   RE: Sounds I need...

DJ Phallus

Hello? You're not helping a lot!
Please let's get back to the samples...

Message 14/53             24-Oct-97  @  08:50 AM   -   RE: Sounds I need...

Hilevelt

Phallus? How 'bout calling yourself anal. I gave you your damn tip, now run down to your local dj shop and buy the single. Damn ingrate

Message 15/53             24-Oct-97  @  04:35 PM   -   RE: Sounds I need...

Avene

Phallus, just experiment...I doubt any soft synth would give you that sound. Try putting a string sound through a reverb and see how it sounds 100% wet. As for beats, just chop up some live drum loops using wavesurgeon which is available at this site.

Message 16/53             28-Oct-97  @  07:40 PM   -   RE: Sounds I need...

Erm, I call myself Anal all the time. My two aliases are DJ Phallus and DJ ANAL...
I'm sorry, it's just that I need these samples quite urgently. I check this site each day, and
I just got pissed that suddenly you all started talking 'bout something entirely different... I
don't see what those MPC's have got to do with my samples... You can go to the main chill out
room, and at the bottom of the page you'll find a button that allows you to start a new
subject... There you can go talk about MPC's...
And how can I possibly buy that single, when I've got to save all my money for an SU700? Oh well,
life's a bitch, isn't she? And quite a funky one, I'd say. (?)
As for chopping up beats, I've done this a couple of times, but I want to start from scratch, so
some decent single hit sounds would help. I mean, the people who made those loops (like the ones
at Weazle World) made them thereself, they didn't chop other loops to crete theirs now did they?
(they might have used hiphop beats and timestretched them, I dunno...)
Avene, love your site. Not that there's a lot to c yet, but the samples are cool, and you
introduced me to the sweet16 seq, which is quite great... Your site will be very good once
there's a little more information etc...
Hilevelt, you'll regret callin' me names when I become rich and famous!

Message 17/53             29-Oct-97  @  12:54 AM   -   RE: Sounds I need...

Hilevelt

All in fun (people at this site aren't in to fun, as seen in recent postings)

EVERYBODY chops loops, that's where it all started. My best hits come from chopped loops, 'cause sample discs are pretty light, unless they're chopped up from somebody else's beats, which seems to defeat the fuckin' purpose.

Message 18/53             29-Oct-97  @  02:47 AM   -   RE: Sounds I need...

Avene

Yeah, thanks for the complement Anal? If you like I could dig out my copy of Ready or not and stick that sound in my next sample set which will be up on the 9th of November or maybe even before. I'd probably have to mess with it a bit so it doesn't sound exactly the same, and so they don't sue me.

Message 19/53             29-Oct-97  @  09:04 PM   -   RE: Sounds I need...

Ufo

Yeah, space!

Message 20/53             01-Nov-97  @  09:42 PM   -   RE: Sounds I need...

DJ Phallus

Yeah Avene, that would be cool...

PS: SOMMALA I LUV U!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 53 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)