aaa YES !!!!... NEW MEGA SYNTH IS FINALY HERE.... - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: YES !!!!... NEW MEGA SYNTH IS FINALY HERE....

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 20-Nov-97  @  10:45 PM   -   YES !!!!... NEW MEGA SYNTH IS FINALY HERE....

KILO

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

WELL PEOPLE.....

Well, I just saw it in SoS, so I guess it's ok to tell you now.... despite the fact that I've known about this for several months,(and been sworn to secrecy...beleive me it was real hard NOT to let it out), I can now reveal that Novation are the company with the new analog modelling mega-synth coming out before christmas.... AND ITS A BRUTE !!

16 note poly

.8 seperate outputs

.8 dedicated real-analog multi-FX processors with up to 6 fx for each output (delay, chorus, distortion, reverb)

massive arpeggiator

basically, it's 8 independent analog modelling synths all in one box.... You can either play it as a massive 16 note polysynth, or set-up up to 8 seperate synths, each with its own 6 part FX unit, and it's own dedicated output/s !!!!.... and... yup... each synth can also have its own arpeggiator...(8 arpeggiators !!!)... and they clock to midi... and.... the lfo's that control 'em can clock to a different midi channel !!!, as can other LFO's within the unit !!....and of course, every control receives and sends midi....rack version only for this baby....with update card to follow which takes it to a massive 32 note poly !!! . BLOODY HELL !!!....RRP will be about 1400 quid, but with dealer discounts probably less.....

Jp-8000 etc owners read it & weep !!!!.... and I say bloody well done Novation... they have always offered the most wicked value for your hard earned money, and provided all the right stuff that people want !!!....congratulations Phil & the rest of the Novation crew !!!...made in Britain !!!!

I can also tell you, I'm doing Novations website, and the EPS piccies and specs are on the way right now by post , so I'll have the spec's & piccie's soon, so look out for the dedicated page soon......

fuckin hell !!!..... excellent or what !!!

(just thought i'd post it here, incase you bookmark the chat & miss the front page.....)

I'll be getting one of these babies as payment for doing the site, so full-on demo to follow.... but before that, Phil at Novation is knocking some demo's up, and when they are done, we'll get 'em up here in RA format.....

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/23             25-Nov-97  @  03:58 PM   -   RE: YES !!!!... NEW MEGA SYNTH IS FINALY HERE....

freestyle

Sounds cool...but there's been a picture up on the american web-site (http://www.novationusa.com) for quite a while. I found it after a few veiled hints were dropped by kilo a few weeks back.

Anyway, I can guarantee that I won't be buying it...cause I don't have £1500 to spend on music gear. Am I the only one to notice that what's happening now with physical modelling synths and sample+synthesis synths is exactly what happened with sample+synthesis and analog synths 10 years ago? Swap the Prophecy for the DX-7, and you get the idea...maybe the Roland MT-32 will become the 303 of the future...it's something to think about anyway, and it's why I won't be getting rid of my Alesis S4+.

BTW, Kilo if I helpyou with the site, do you think they'd give me one too ? .

later...

Message 12/23             26-Nov-97  @  02:24 PM   -   RE: YES !!!!... NEW MEGA SYNTH IS FINALY HERE....

kilo

how'dya mean ???

Message 13/23             27-Nov-97  @  08:29 PM   -   RE: YES !!!!... NEW MEGA SYNTH IS FINALY HERE....

test. sorry..

Message 14/23             27-Nov-97  @  08:38 PM   -   RE: YES !!!!... NEW MEGA SYNTH IS FINALY HERE....

Attn: KILO4-3 webmasters!

this is an exploit that should be fixed..
Possibility of insertion of html tags in forms..
like the following line will be /body

Message 15/23             28-Nov-97  @  10:43 AM   -   RE: YES !!!!... NEW MEGA SYNTH IS FINALY HERE....

freestyle

whaddya mean how'dya mean... i haven't a clue what you're asking about kilo (or even if it's something i wrote that you're referring to).

later...

Message 16/23             01-Dec-97  @  04:01 PM   -   RE: YES !!!!... NEW MEGA SYNTH IS FINALY HERE....

kilo

I mean.... howdyou mean... "If I help with the site, will they give meone too..."... bit... ??

Message 17/23             03-Dec-97  @  03:22 AM   -   RE: YES !!!!... NEW MEGA SYNTH IS FINALY HERE....

etrik

Hi all, I have been reading up on the new SuperNova
and it sounds awsome, but when do you think I can
get it in the US? I am either going to get that
or a JP-8000 (got a killer deal, $1100 new) I guess
I am asking if I should wait for the SuperNova?

Thanks
Etrik

Message 18/23             03-Dec-97  @  06:10 PM   -   RE: YES !!!!... NEW MEGA SYNTH IS FINALY HERE....

kilop

well, just bear in mind that the Jp is only 2 part multi.... although that aint neccessarily too bad for a widdly type synth.... y'dont wanna crowd the track too much..... however.... as opposed to 8 seperate synths with the novation, it is worth a thought....

Message 19/23             07-Dec-97  @  12:07 AM   -   RE: YES !!!!... NEW MEGA SYNTH IS FINALY HERE....

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

The Supernova's gonna take forever, if you remember the SBS deal, but the Virus is available now

Message 20/23             08-Dec-97  @  07:49 PM   -   RE: YES !!!!... NEW MEGA SYNTH IS FINALY HERE....

etrik

Novation USA said it "should" be out (in the US) somtime
in Feb. I think I'll wait.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)