aaa JV1080 - is this a kewl pro synth or what? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: JV1080 - is this a kewl pro synth or what?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 01-Jan-98  @  10:41 AM   -   JV1080 - is this a kewl pro synth or what?

THE poorass

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

yo kilo, ive heard testimonies of this module... i hear there is a techno/dance expansion pack that is supposed to rock. Does this synth give the k2500rs a shake? Is it pro material? A piece of shit? Thanks.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/27             10-Jan-98  @  04:57 AM   -   RE: JV1080 - is this a kewl pro synth or what?

THE poorass

wicked thnx kilo, your appraisals rule

Message 12/27             10-Jan-98  @  07:50 AM   -   RE: JV1080 - is this a kewl pro synth or what?

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

k2000rs has 10 outputs, far superior to the keyboard version since it's lite on internal effects. I have 34 mb in mine, and I never run out of polyphony because of the way you can assign sounds as oscillators of a preset as opposed to combining presets for multi-samples.

BTW, does anybody have their k2 in the scsi chain with the pc? I'm trying to do smdi dumps from Sound Forge and failing miserably (with the recommended Adaptec card, even).

Message 13/27             10-Jan-98  @  06:55 PM   -   RE: JV1080 - is this a kewl pro synth or what?

temp

Well the type of music I am interested in creating is hard Detroit style techno. Would the better suit my needs than the Jv1080?

Message 14/27             12-Jan-98  @  11:21 AM   -   RE: JV1080 - is this a kewl pro synth or what?

Avene

As far as I'm aware Derrick May, Kenny Larkin, and a couple of those other Detroit people use K2000's.

Poorass, If you've got $4500, like you said once before, you should be able to pick up a second hand K2500rs for that amount. Go for it.

Message 15/27             16-Jan-98  @  11:28 AM   -   RE: JV1080 - is this a kewl pro synth or what?

THE poorass

great, thanx guyz, i will soon get a k2500rs. Fuck the rest. Ive played it at my local dealer and it rocks. Thanx again.

Message 16/27             16-Jan-98  @  03:31 PM   -   RE: JV1080 - is this a kewl pro synth or what?

kilo

hmmmmmmmm...... yer not such a Poorass then after all
huh ?

Message 17/27             17-Jan-98  @  12:36 AM   -   RE: JV1080 - is this a kewl pro synth or what?

THE poorass

heh heh, hahah, well kilo, remember i started the "poor boy wanna warez a nord lead" thread?

i had no job then

but you cunts shnapped me into work mode, i managed to save.

i have 2500 ( quid ) pounds whatever to spend now, and the longer i wait, the more i will have.

so i might just say fuck it and buy the baby k2500rs.

Message 18/27             17-Jan-98  @  01:19 PM   -   RE: JV1080 - is this a kewl pro synth or what?

Hilevelt

The weaknesses I mentioned in the k2000 keyboard (outputs) don't hold for the k2500, and those faders be cute. but it's your money (I paid only 600 quid for my k2rs with mass ram here in the States hehehe)

Message 19/27             19-Jan-98  @  10:21 AM   -   RE: JV1080 - is this a kewl pro synth or what?

kilo

bloody hell Poorass !!!!....... you saved 2.5K (UK) in 4 weeks !!..... what've you been up to ?........selling your body to acid_cat ??..... heh heh......

Message 20/27             20-Jan-98  @  05:36 AM   -   RE: JV1080 - is this a kewl pro synth or what?

THE poorass

heh heh kilo

ive put together computer systems, while working...It screams in the cash. That money doesnt even include the prostitution i do on the side. Ive followed the footsteps of fat cat.. (!!)

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 27 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)