aaa MC-505 on sale - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: MC-505 on sale

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Original Message                 Date: 29-Jan-98  @  12:53 PM   -   MC-505 on sale

csg6031

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hi, I was in my local proaudio/music shop this
morning,

And they had a roland MC-505 running some demos.
is it already available in UK Shops?.

It had some pretty convincing Drum & Bass demos in it.
But somehow I got this audio equivalent of 'painting by numbers' feeling.

Anyway for the interested, they asked fl 2400,-
for it as an introductionairy price. later it will
be fl 2900,-.
Divide these numbers by 3.5 to obtain the price in
UK pounds.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/66             08-Feb-98  @  06:51 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

cybr0

I bought my 505 in Japan last week for 99000 yen. While I am still waiting on an English manual I have found that it is has a totally awesome sounds & functions. I will put some of my explorations onto a ftp site in a week or so. I have to say though the Dbeam is just too cool! Those trying it in a shop should have a go at the Adlib mode with one of the great tb patches (they kick even better than my JP8K)and move your hand about 1 foot above it moving slightly up and down while using your other hand to drive the cutoff/resonance. This thing is totally going to be the bomb in a live sitution. Takes a while to master though so sit back and play with it until you become one with the beam.

Message 12/66             09-Feb-98  @  01:54 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

Avene

Link?:  Link

They shouldn't have called it a 505, people such as myself may get it confused with the TR505 which Schoolly D used to use.

Message 13/66             09-Feb-98  @  02:02 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

kilo

yup.....at 300 the mc-303 is a decent drum box....... but i'd suspect the new stuff will be much of the same....... sings and dances in the shop ok,...... but has a crap line in conversation when you take it out for the night !!!......

Message 14/66             12-Feb-98  @  10:51 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

Lars G.

So what's the ppq of the MC505's sequencer? 1/16? Can you sequence complex beats besides 4/4? And the patches are editable, right?

Message 15/66             14-Feb-98  @  09:04 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

acid cat

Check out Roland's new JX-305 `GROOVE SYNTH'...the namm report is at www.harmony-central.com; theres also a rolandgroove site at www.rolandgroove.com....its awesome!!!!!!!. The synth has all the mc-505 patches, standard 303 realtime control knobs and 64 voice polyphony.....it looks gorgeous too.....

Message 16/66             15-Feb-98  @  12:14 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

kid303

Well if it looks gorgeous then it must be a good bit of kit.....not!
I cannot believe anyone would pay £1000 for the 505.
When you look at the number of second hand mc303's
that have flooded the market(in perfectcondition....hardly sed they inevitably say) give it about 6 months and you'll
pick a 505 up for £400.

Message 17/66             16-Feb-98  @  01:29 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

acid cat

Its true, I'm a superficial, manufactured, fad-following pretentious talentless wannabe muso type, I work in a hair salon, and I have a red car, it just looks pretty, my boyfriend is a 6ft 5 triathelete, i wear gold jewelry. I bought a nord lead to match the colour of my car, and the mc303 because I needed `something silver' to liven up the corner of the room; I thought the roland groovesynth would look good in my bedroom with the JP8K; it would match my blue walls, if I can only find the right doily to sit them on, I bought an 02r as for a juxtipostion, the DA88 because you can sit 2 six packs of beers on it while I watch the TV, I'll buy the MC505 because you can really pissed and fuck with cutoff frequencies with your toes whilst playing `nude twister' Thanks for bringing me back into line Kid303, I can tell by your down to earth no-nonsense name that you must be an authority in this respect.

Message 18/66             16-Feb-98  @  10:46 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

kid303

Meeoowww!!!! scratch my eyes out acid cat!!!
Maybe there's an untapped market to get the girlies
playing electronic music,if Roland put an oven and a
kitchen sink on each end of their next synth then they could really get the girls interested.

Message 19/66             16-Feb-98  @  11:15 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

acid cat

I believe the Roland `circuit bent' patch was made just for you in that it is useless, pointless, annoying and you wish it was never invented. ;)

Message 20/66             16-Feb-98  @  11:37 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

Avene

Link?:  Link

I think the JX-305 looks dodgy, and definitely would not fit in with any of my decor.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

There are 66 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)