aaa hammerhead soon to release via steinberg - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: hammerhead soon to release via steinberg

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 23-Mar-98  @  04:29 PM   -   hammerhead soon to release via steinberg

kilo

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

ok it'll be out in a month apparently.........

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/33             25-Mar-98  @  10:44 PM   -   RE: hammerhead soon to release via steinberg

horizen

will it be available for mac, you bloody separatists???

Message 12/33             26-Mar-98  @  05:39 AM   -   RE: hammerhead soon to release via steinberg

Hmmm.... looks just like the old hammerhead if you ask me. There'd wanna be some marked improvements to justify the $99. I remember first seeing the BDay is coming message and I thought wowsers!...a new hammerhead, cool. My anticipation grew....and grew..... and months down the track that bloody message was still there. Then I find out that when (if) it ever arives its now gonna cost 100 smackeroons. What a load of wank. The biggest problems with the original Hammerhead (ie. reasons I stopped using it) where lack of polyphony/tracks and the fact that it was a bloody pain in the ass to use the makebank thingy to load your own samples into it. Going by the screenshots and stuff it doesn't look like these problems have been addressed. I dunno, maybe they're gonna add lots more neato things to it before it's available? I hope so because there's plenty of other (free or cheaper) ways to accomplish what can be done with HH. I don't like being negative but sheesh...

Message 13/33             26-Mar-98  @  11:27 AM   -   RE: hammerhead soon to release via steinberg

Avene

Link?:  Link

Yeah, and no 32nd notes like Making Waves?

Message 14/33             26-Mar-98  @  02:23 PM   -   RE: hammerhead soon to release via steinberg

Blunted

Oooh Kilo, aren't you worried you pissed of the Steinburg con-artists? Phuk-m......Anyways...Making Waves still looks much better..... The only difference looks like he stole the pattern selection...I'll keep my dosh thank you.

Message 15/33             26-Mar-98  @  02:37 PM   -   RE: hammerhead soon to release via steinberg

kilo

huh...... making waves goes to 32 notes..... er.... hang about..... ok it's now support stereo amples and has velocity......plus it now uses .wav samples.... 20 per user bank, and comes with a huge seection of original sample kits for virtually every analog drum box made..... all the sample banks were made will the actual machines.......
it's gobba ne $50 100 marks....... uk price..... dunno maybe 50 squids....seems all the dollar rates just get a £ sign added over here....

Message 16/33             26-Mar-98  @  03:07 PM   -   RE: hammerhead soon to release via steinberg

sooba

Maybe this is a stupid question but like different hardware does different software SOUND different.
I'm thinking about the general flatness of sound that comes from Making Waves vs. my copy of Mixman Studie for example. No one every really talks about how a program sounds. Maybe I'm just showing my technical ignorance.

Message 17/33             26-Mar-98  @  05:10 PM   -   RE: hammerhead soon to release via steinberg

adams04

so steinberg move in .expect to do more with it then sync i hope.Incidentally, i got the Making W demo, but cant get a squeak out of it ;should i be able to , or do i just admire the screen?

Message 18/33             29-Mar-98  @  05:23 AM   -   RE: hammerhead soon to release via steinberg

Just remember the new 2.0 ver of rebirth will have a 909 added on with the 808 and also a direct link to cubase

Message 19/33             29-Mar-98  @  09:13 AM   -   RE: hammerhead soon to release via steinberg

kid303

Hey wow,that almost sounds worth buying this time round

Message 20/33             29-Mar-98  @  01:51 PM   -   RE: hammerhead soon to release via steinberg

Avene

Link?:  Link

So, Rebirth 2 will have a 909 aswell as an 808?.. Damn, why don't they scrap one of the 303's and put a moog or something in there !!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 33 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)