aaa Studio Pikzz - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

13-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Studio Pikzz

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 40

Original Message                 Date: 11-Nov-03  @  03:10 PM     Edit: 11-Nov-03  |  06:13 PM   -   Studio Pikzz

Broken Silence

Link?:  Link
File?:  [image]

[image file]

Here finally with shite digital camera- new setup! Don't ask about that fucking door it pisses me off too- studio area is in a basement and that's where you turn on the water lol

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 111/393             19-Nov-03  @  11:31 AM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

Bastiaan

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

"...seriously, bas...my comments werent meant as an insult...not toward you (had no idea) or Darin..."

No offense taken.  

"... but...my experience with frats is what it is, and isnt all that uncommon. Yours and or DZ's might have been different..."

Seriously: some of the best experiences I had were in the (outwardly) most conservative of conservative (or shallow) of environments. I've been in a Greek fraternatiy (stateside) and it has introduced me to some of the nicest people around the states: varying from Redbeck Hill Billy type blokes from around the Ozarks (how do you spell that?), meeting the most Yiddish of Yiddish philosopher dude from Chicago to springbreak beer-bung-keg-fest-o-mania in Florida.

Here in the Netherlands I joined a 'corps' which is by far the most conservative and elitist thing one can do (from the outside) full with white, upperclass, horseback riding, golfplaying 'ivyleagers'....never had a better time as with some of these blokes. Hell, we're still doing so much stuff together it boggles the mind. (don't go to mexico next april...we're there)...I've participated in putting together some of the hottest dance festivals with these bloke: yup, normaly they wear shirt and tie (you can't get into the 'clubhouse' without one) but this is partying with a capital P. And I am talking about borrowing starfighter jetplanes from the airforce, using old trolley/trams and airplanes as 'bridges' between buildings, totally rebuilding the old university library into a mega big party centre etc. All done by ourselfves, no contractors involved...

Wheniver I told people I was a member they were all like 'huh, but you are sooooo unlike them.....' (as if: I *was* them)

You see, there's is people behind those greek letters not droids. Just thought I'd let you know.

But again, no offense taken, just wanted to set a potential prejudice straight...I know exactly what you mean by annoying, letter wearing bud light gulping morrons....

Message 112/393             19-Nov-03  @  12:07 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

Paleface

Link?:  No link

(Have now updated my previous post, which had a broken image link. Sorry to interrupt the frat-boy flow).

Message 113/393             19-Nov-03  @  06:21 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

milan

"borrowing starfighter jetplanes from the airforce"

yeah... that was a good one, i remember giving you extra credit for that  

Message 114/393             19-Nov-03  @  07:06 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

influx

Link?:  Link

Darin

you come off like a very conservative 'preppy'...meant in a light way of course

that is ALL I meant about the frat thing, and "they" dont tend to be into "techno" now do they.

dunno...frats = groups, with rules and adherances. Not my thing, never will be...and the ones I had experience with you just bought your friends...paid into this group...bout as shallow as it gets.

Message 115/393             19-Nov-03  @  08:57 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

Defector Z

I don't want to entirely hi-jack this thread. Go to Lounge for more fraternity stuff.

Message 116/393             01-Dec-03  @  11:29 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

craig

Got me a digital cam, so here's my pics.

Don't say a fucking word about the curtains

Message 117/393             01-Dec-03  @  11:39 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

man called clay

haha craig....you read my mind!!!!

anyway.....how much for the red keyboard?

Message 118/393             02-Dec-03  @  12:22 AM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

CydoniaCell

Craig... How's your bass response with those monitors right in front of the window like that? I've heard that's a horrible way to do it... but I have a friend doing much the same thing and he says, "no harm done!"

shrug...

oh, and... how on EARTH do you do dark, angry music in a room with your MOM's curtains? (Sorry, I couldn't help it!)

e

Message 119/393             02-Dec-03  @  01:42 AM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

man called clay

that's the reason WHY he does that music!

Message 120/393             02-Dec-03  @  03:18 AM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

psylichon

hahahah clay!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 40

There are 393 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)