aaa the force is strong with this one - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: the force is strong with this one

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Original Message                 Date: 06-May-03  @  12:28 AM   -   the force is strong with this one

steve

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

fat kid + star wars = greater than a sum of its parts.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 121/163             13-May-03  @  11:15 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

dubmunkey

Link?:  No link

i love the way he keeps having to take a breather between 'scenes'- anyone seen the modified complete with light sabre noises?

greg

Message 122/163             13-May-03  @  01:00 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

pict

I'm a phonomorph.

Any of you remember Tony Hart's Morph from Vision on.

Message 123/163             13-May-03  @  01:11 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

cheddar

Link?:  Link

get back in your box

Message 124/163             13-May-03  @  02:18 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Jock Munro

Link?: Link

Yeah, and his mate Chaz. Tony Hart was a bit of a kiddy fiddler wasnt he ? Whatever happened to Mr Bennett, the comedy caretaker bloke who used to pop up on Take Hart. Then during the end programmes they had birds helping Tony out as well, one of them was worth chucking one up. In fact I think my first proper tug was over one of those doris' from Take Hart.

Message 125/163             13-May-03  @  02:24 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

psylichon

"The zealot can never have the honesty to look at the possiblity of error in his religion, so he has to just try to discredit the person debating against him cuz he really has no argument."

LOL! Ok, I'm not gonna say anything here... should be self-evident.

Message 126/163             13-May-03  @  06:00 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Pongoid

Who of you thinks I'm not listening or paying attention?

E, to answer your question about why, the answer is this: You can make things better or you can make things worse. Everybody has a limited time here as things stand. Some people can go to sleep happy while the world goes to shit around them. Or perhaps they just wallow in the depression of feeling helpless to change things. Some actually enjoy the feeling of power that comes with the creation of misery in others. Others just don't fucking care about anything or anybody beyond their own wants. I am NONE of those. I want to be able to sleep comfortably someday, knowing that I've done at least the part that nearly every single human being has the capacity for making things just a little less fucked up on this planet for ALL life, not just humanity, not just everything outside of it, but all of it. And it's not everything that I can or want to fix, because I know I can't. But there are some things I can certainly help with, and so can any of you. It starts with honesty. Honesty is sometimes very brutal and painful. Hamanity has gotten very comfortable with being lied to. It's gotten very comfortable with denying problems, or shifting the blame so that because it's somebody else's fault, the problem doesn't really exist, it's just sort of in that quasi-existence mode of 'somebody else's fault'. That answer your question, E?

G, You part ways as having accomplished nothing, and wasted more of the limited precious time you have. The beer part doesn't sound so bad, cuz at least that MIGHT be enjoyable.

This isn't nearly the same kind of problem in the rest of the world. Fat in this country is a condition caused for most be the poor choices that greedy people influence the masses to make, and then perpetuate by its acceptance as a normal condition. It's not normal. It's not cool. If you can't do anything about it, then I hope you make the best of it, but if that's really the case and there's NOTHING you can do about, then you are a rare bird indeed, maybe oxygenarian. If it's just a case of unwilling to go through the sacrifices of your current comfort level, then that's another thing entirely.

In other parts of the world, even in this country people are STARVING. Starving. Got it? Not eating like shit because they are manipulated into bad choices, or ignorant. Not having problems with predispositions to metabolic anomolies that make one feel hungry all the time. Not having any choice at all, because they have NOTHING to eat. Not poor quality food, but NO food. Have any of you ever gone for two days without eating (not drug induced)? Meditative fasts, or simply food shortage, either way, have you ever felt what it's like for your own body to be digesting itself because you have nothing you can put into it? Lots of people go through that here without a choice. Meanwhile loads more choose to be fat. They choose to get fat while others starve. I listened to others views, and because I know this and have seen it and lived it, I think some others' views are skewed and fucked up. Most of you will never know starvation. I already have. Be thankful.

Ape

Message 127/163             13-May-03  @  06:51 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

xoxos

i attest that bobby mcferrin is an illuminati agent.

Message 128/163             13-May-03  @  08:01 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Influx

"Most of you will never know starvation. I already have. Be thankful."

dammit Pongoid. you just keep goin, dont you?

so..why were you starving?

Message 129/163             13-May-03  @  08:47 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Trillium

I should'nt have to say this again....but.......

Ape,

SHUT THE FUCK UP.

No one cares any more what you think about this subject, WE ALL KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. You are the one dragging this out further and further.

This subject is closed, and the more assinine opinions you share on this subject, the more you'll be attacked, so just quit while you think you're ahead.

That's MY opinion......IT HASN'T CHANGED.

Trills

Message 130/163             13-May-03  @  09:00 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

errata

Right, Ape... thanks for clarifying, understanding your motivation makes it easier to see your point.

I starved! A lot! Was a street kid in the 80's. Went a coupl'a days without food all the time when I couldn't panhandle enough to feed both me and my girlfriend. Not sure how it relates to people starving though... They were starving when I was starving too. I never begrudged fat people when I was hungry... mostly because I understood that my situation was of my making.

Now, I fast every 3 months, for 5 days!

But what does the fact that I've (or anyone) gone hungry have to do with fat people, starving people or kids who get picked on by grown-ups for being f+ck-ups?

By this logic (unless I've stupidly made an assumption of the point) I could say to you, that you aren't suffering enough because children get set on fire in wars everyday! You should be set on fire too... or at least you should WILLFULLY give up any comforts in your life and live the bare minimum of survival, because they are in pain and you experience pleasure... I just think that's a bit twisted.

e

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

There are 163 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)