aaa Studio Pikzz - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

13-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Studio Pikzz

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 40

Original Message                 Date: 11-Nov-03  @  03:10 PM     Edit: 11-Nov-03  |  06:13 PM   -   Studio Pikzz

Broken Silence

Link?:  Link
File?:  [image]

[image file]

Here finally with shite digital camera- new setup! Don't ask about that fucking door it pisses me off too- studio area is in a basement and that's where you turn on the water lol

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 141/393             04-Dec-03  @  09:40 AM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

psylichon

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

ever hear of depeche mode?

Message 142/393             04-Dec-03  @  09:55 AM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

milan

heheh... i was trying not to say that...

Message 143/393             04-Dec-03  @  02:00 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

craig

I knew I was meeting the band before - they said bring whatever you want signed so I did   At one point, the production company my old singer worked for was bidding for the show, and if he'd have got it, we would've played. And that really would've made my day.

My shit-eating grin was because of a joke someone told. I'm not that big a douchebag - really, I have other pictures where I look normal

I'm surprised more of you lot aren't into their music. Amazon.com has some samples from some of their records. Try "Symbols" and "Adios" for stuff you guys would probably be into.

-Craig

Message 144/393             04-Dec-03  @  02:33 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

Yonce N Mild

Link?:  No link

"Adios" is freaking brilliant that's the last album I bought of theirs. I've heard some of the mdfmk but haven't taken the time to pick up the album and give it a proper listen. Adios was the album that was released on the day of the Columbine shootings wasn't it ? There was all that noise about the shooters being big kmfdm fans and that they were inspired by their lyrics to kill people. I remember watching a local news show put up an example of their "violent" lyrics I don't remember the exact lyrics but I do remember laughing my ass of because they quoted lyrics from " A Drug Against War" out of context they did sound pretty brutal but it's an anti war song dripping with sarcasm. Sometimes people really have a hard time coming to grips with humor sarcasm and irony in music. That's one of the things I like about kmfdm their kinda tongue in cheek attitude, they are the only metal/industrial band that I have ever heard that constantly refers to themselves in the third person in their tracks. That's usually a rap thing init.

Message 145/393             04-Dec-03  @  02:49 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

Yonce N Mild

Link?:  No link

By the way Craig what does KMFDM stand for ? A lot of people say it satnds for Kill Mother Fucking Depech Mode but I remember hearing that isn't true and that it isn't even english. ???

Message 146/393             04-Dec-03  @  02:57 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

mcc>

they've recently reiterated that IT DOES NOT mean> kill MF depeche mode.
i'll see if i can't find the interview.

but then again they said their recent anti-war statements weren't aimed at the US and it's war in iraq.

Message 147/393             04-Dec-03  @  03:17 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

craig

It's German for "No pity for the majority". Their English singer couldn't pronounce the German words so they dhortened to KMFDM.

Adios is an awesome album for people who are fans of dance music. It's a very dancy record for them. The MDFMK record is really good too. Attak has some good electronic grooves in it, but it starts moving back towards metal. WWIII is kind of link NIN's "Broken" in the sense that the record was intended to be a "band" record, where the "full band" feel of the live band influences the record heavily. It's not as good as the others I don't think. If you're a metalhead at heart check out Nihl and Xtort. Fucking great guitar playing on those records.

-Craig

Message 148/393             04-Dec-03  @  04:09 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

milan

umm... Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit?

that sounds right actually  

Message 149/393             04-Dec-03  @  04:18 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

craig

Yup, I think that's it

Message 150/393             04-Dec-03  @  04:37 PM     Edit: 04-Dec-03  |  04:38 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

milan

hehe... i used to love Broken and Fixed... still have the vinyls even. one of things that pushed me towards electronic music actually. KMFDM didnt really cross my path that often, mebbe the only reason why i wasnt into them at the time. liked meat beat manifesto and utah saints, tho thats a different style i guess...

why dont we talk more about music on this website? its all "lounge lounge lounge" nowadays!

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 40

There are 393 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)