aaa Studio Pikzz - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

12-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Studio Pikzz

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 40

Original Message                 Date: 11-Nov-03  @  03:10 PM     Edit: 11-Nov-03  |  06:13 PM   -   Studio Pikzz

Broken Silence

Link?:  Link
File?:  [image]

[image file]

Here finally with shite digital camera- new setup! Don't ask about that fucking door it pisses me off too- studio area is in a basement and that's where you turn on the water lol

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 151/393             04-Dec-03  @  04:51 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

craig

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I don't mind Meat Beat. There's some stuff of theirs I like. I came into electronic music from metal through industrial. I saw NIN at Woodstock '94 and that changed everything for me. Got into KMFDM and Front Line Assembly from there, and then started getting into some dance music mostly through the recommendations of the people here.

I still stick to more guitar driven stuff though, like God Lives Underwater and the like.

-Craig

Message 152/393             04-Dec-03  @  04:56 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

Influx

this is some shit that Im amazed I didnt run into. wtf was I thinking?

off to buy lots

Message 153/393             04-Dec-03  @  05:24 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

milan

File?:  [image]

[image file]

where's the slayer smilie when you need it!

Message 154/393             04-Dec-03  @  06:10 PM     Edit: 04-Dec-03  |  06:14 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

craig

Influx - I recommend:

Adios
Symbols
MDFMK (the full-length, not the single, probably listed under the band name MDFMK)
Nihil
Xtort

Basically, start at MDFMK or Adios and work your way backwards   Avoid records older than Money like the plague  

Nihil is probably their "best" CD, but if you're not a big fan of guitar shit then it might not be for you. Ditto with Xtort.

-Craig

Message 155/393             04-Dec-03  @  06:23 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

Yonce N Mild

Link?:  No link

Don't forget God Lives Underwater......... 'Empty' is tight.
I forgot about a lot of these albums I had em all on tape but gave all my tapes to my lil brother when I got a cd player in my car years ago. I wonder if it is still a copyright violation to download tracks of an album you already bought once but lost ??? or In the case of god lives underwater bought twice ? I had a couple of copys of Nihil too.

Message 156/393             04-Dec-03  @  07:22 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

craig

God Lives Underwater's "Life in the So-Called Space Age" is a fucking masterpiece. It's such a nice, complex, beautiful sounding record compared to the lo-fi sound of empty. Some great tunes on that record too though.

I saw God Lives Underwater open for KMFDM back in about '95.. I met GLU's singer wandering in the parking lot, but he was so whacked on drugs he didn't know he even had played that night. Sad... The band lost its momentum after he went to rehab, and are now disbanded. I've got a copy of an unreleased followup to "Space Age" called "Up off the Floor" which is also a really good record.

I can hook you up with mp3s if you want. I don't think it'd be illegal to give away copies of a record that never got released :D

-Craig

Message 157/393             04-Dec-03  @  07:46 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

influx

anyone ever hear a band called Bile? "Teknowhore"

talk about some sick ass techmetal. scary

I bought some GLU stuff once and wasnt feelin it. maybe its time to try again

Message 158/393             04-Dec-03  @  08:59 PM     Edit: 04-Dec-03  |  09:00 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

craig

I fucking hate Bile. They opened the last round of KMFDM tours and they sucked. Funny enough, but Bile shows up in Buffalo at least every year, and it's the low rent national act all the little kiddies in lame industrial bands want to get the opening slot for. They usually draw about 15 people at the show - 5 for Bile, and 10 for the opening band

Fear Factory is better   And of course there's Ministry.

Ever listened to any Pigface or other Martin Atkins projects? The Damage Manual stuff he put out was pretty good.

-Craig

Message 159/393             05-Dec-03  @  12:05 AM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

mcc>

oh STOP!

Message 160/393             05-Dec-03  @  01:08 AM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

influx

heh. the album I had was from like 7 years ago. I thought it was cool

fear factory isnt really industrial cept remanufacture style tho?

I was just thinkin...a cool combo of samplers and guitars...

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 40

There are 393 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)