aaa Studio Pikzz - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

12-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Studio Pikzz

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 40

Original Message                 Date: 11-Nov-03  @  03:10 PM     Edit: 11-Nov-03  |  06:13 PM   -   Studio Pikzz

Broken Silence

Link?:  Link
File?:  [image]

[image file]

Here finally with shite digital camera- new setup! Don't ask about that fucking door it pisses me off too- studio area is in a basement and that's where you turn on the water lol

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 161/393             05-Dec-03  @  05:28 AM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

d

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I thought it was the initials of a german phrase that roughly translated to "one song many albums"

oh, you say I've used that one before? shucks.

Message 162/393             05-Dec-03  @  01:45 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

craig

Link?: Link

I really don't get that argument. Listen to "Witness" off Adios, "Light" off of Angst, "Vogue" off of Money, and "Control?" off of MDFMK and tell me those songs sound anything like each other. If you've only heard "Light" and "Junke Joint Jezebel", sure those songs sound like one another, but they don't sound anything like say "DIY" or "Superhero".

-Craig

Message 163/393             05-Dec-03  @  02:30 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

Yonce N Mild

My favorite is the spaceship song off Adios.....................faking brilliant..............the spaceship will come to take us away............damn it now thats gonna be stuck in my head all day

Message 164/393             05-Dec-03  @  03:29 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

jf

"Life in the So-Called Space Age"

gggrrrr. now i have to buy another focking record

treponem pal ?

peace love and pitbulls ?

Message 165/393             05-Dec-03  @  08:29 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

CydoniaCell

Whoa. I have xtort on vinyl somewhere... hehehe

Never see craig around so much as this thread! A few industrial notes and he's out of the woodwork!

I did Acid with Pigface in 1991. When Skinny Puppy and Trent Reznor were a part of it!!

"black man, white man, rip the system!"

too much fun those days... before the whole thing took itself too seriously. Craig, you might not appreciate this, but i sincerely believe that Trent Reznor fucked up industrial music. (And don't any of you start with the whole "Those bands aren't industrial" thing, we all know Neubauten were the ONLY industrial act to ever earn a dime!)

e

Message 166/393             05-Dec-03  @  08:51 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

Yonce N Mild

Hey e how do you figure........I'm not arguing I honestly don't know. Iv'e heard that before and could never get a reasonable explination from anyone. Is it the typical he made money so he is a sellout ?

Message 167/393             05-Dec-03  @  09:18 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

craig

I think that Nails commercialization and subsequent success did derail the progression of the genre in a sense. It's like opening that door shed light on all the real vampires and they all burst into flames  

Much of what passes as "Industrial" these days is either more synthpop (VNV Nation et al) or has become hybridized with metal, a la Bile (and even KMFDM). You can see that a lot of the players started moving in other directions around the same time. I don't know if that's just a coincidence or not. Around that time Bill Leeb began concentrating on Delerium and neglecting Front Line, and Front Line's later stuff is definately not the raw, edgy straight industrial of old. Still very good records though. KMFDM got much more "metal band" for a while, then went dancy, then metal again..

I'm probably the wrong person to be expounding on this because I actually LIKE a lot of what the big players have done after NIN/the "great industrial collapse"  

And you don't see me around here as often because we don't have many musical conversations like this any more.

-Craig

Message 168/393             05-Dec-03  @  11:05 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

CydoniaCell

we are now... hehehe

Ok... Rarely if ever did any of the synth industrial folks sing about their broken hearts. It's what made the genre deep (IMO) that it was mostly political/social! And then along comes NIN to introduce gothic pedanticism to hardcore synth music. UGH!!! It's like Punk Rock love songs. Suddenly every half baked goth kid with cheap eyeliner and a DX7 is shouting suicide songs to his drum machine... the scene get's filled with bad ego's, bad attitudes and too much selfish whining bullshit. (Sister machine Gun, 16 Volt, Marilyn Manson).

So the people who built it up, like Bill Leeb, David Ogilvie, Jean-Luc DeMeyer and even Alain Jourgensen (the father of the second generation of this stuff) backed off and out of the scene... Bill Leeb SAID that Industrial synth music was old and outdated, that it was time to move forward! I'm not sure I completely agree with that but it says a lot that the main guy in FrontLine feels that way!

I think NIN wrecked that whole scene of aging punks with synths with his whining, and I think Marilyn Manson proves it! The dance music thing in industrial synth music is what's left of that scene, like Project Pitchfork, Funkervogt and all those crazy friggin' German angry techno bands... and they just don't even come close! My opinion, of course, but give me Skinny Puppy, Ministry and 242 any day...

e

Message 169/393             06-Dec-03  @  02:52 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

jf

And four - You catch the man

tres fort

Message 170/393             07-Dec-03  @  09:06 AM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

mcc>

the problem with nin and marilyn manson was obvious in that it became just sooooo much about IMAGE.
who you thought you were by who you were pretending to look like etc. playing live in fishnets was not going to ring true for a future legion of kids wanting to rock out on synthesizers.

oh that mtv.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 40

There are 393 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)