aaa Studio Pikzz - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

12-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Studio Pikzz

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 40

Original Message                 Date: 11-Nov-03  @  03:10 PM     Edit: 11-Nov-03  |  06:13 PM   -   Studio Pikzz

Broken Silence

Link?:  Link
File?:  [image]

[image file]

Here finally with shite digital camera- new setup! Don't ask about that fucking door it pisses me off too- studio area is in a basement and that's where you turn on the water lol

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 191/393             08-Dec-03  @  06:48 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

psylichon

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

stiiiiiiill waiting for fedex. It's on the truck, it BETTER come today.

Message 192/393             09-Dec-03  @  01:30 AM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

Buu

Link?:  No link

OOOh, Psy,. You look MAD!

Message 193/393             09-Dec-03  @  09:21 AM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

Bastiaan

Yup Ikea....but that's mostly the GF/s doing.

Message 194/393             09-Dec-03  @  05:33 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

CydoniaCell

I've got to clean my studio... after looking at all of these pic's I feel guilty for letting my crap get out of hand... I got one of those pelican cases with the pick and pluck foam... and now the foam pieces are everywhere... CD's lyng about, cables draped over keyboards... even one of my lavalamps is burnt out!!!

You've all motivated me!

nice pic's everyone. I feel the odd man out as I don't have an Ikea desk though!

e

Message 195/393             09-Dec-03  @  06:19 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

craig

OfficeMax, baby. $99, and it's bigger than everyone else's too  

-Craig

Message 196/393             10-Dec-03  @  07:19 AM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

BOO

http://homepage.mac.com/misterboo/
PhotoAlbum9.html

And this is the nearly finished thing. At night. Cozy as fuckery.

Message 197/393             10-Dec-03  @  07:59 AM     Edit: 10-Dec-03  |  08:06 AM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

psylichon

Looks really nice Boo! Shame about that whole Mac thing, but otherwise top notch I love the green... guess you could say I'm envious. How the hell do you get all those things coming out of two speakers, anyway? I don't see a mixer?

My new system arrived safely and is purring along with no problems. I've even managed to sort my old MOTU midi and new audio "problems" (those of you still having issues with MOTU stuff in XP, let me know... I may have a solution for you). Now when I get some time off of work, I will clean up all the fedex boxes and fire up the digicam.

It's a geeky (perhaps sad) feeling of creative omnipotence I get sitting behind three monitors (two for new system, one for old), sequencing softsynth drums, bass, piano, and other synths and fx, with 0 CPU drain on the main computer I am sequencing, recording, and mixing with. Those of you with a spare monitor around should at least get a dual head video card. They're the cheapest way to feel like you're getting two computers out of one.

psy

Message 198/393             10-Dec-03  @  06:13 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

Boo

Psy, The green freaked me out to begin with. I thought I'd made an awful mistake, but now I've grown to love it. It's like being in a giant tree. I'm so glad our landlord lets us paint our place.

Grrrr! and Mac 0wnz J00! I might get a mini shuttle PC or something later if I can find a spot for it. Maybe I should get a laptop instead. Dunno. Not really missing my PC much anymore. I finally found a space in the Closet for it.

As far as mixing is concerned, it all just goes into the Motu 828 and I mix it up in Logic. The latency in OS X is negligable, it seems. I've also hooked up my patch bay, so I can swap things out as I need them. I was thinking of getting a control surface, like Mackie control or something, but I'm getting used to mixing with the mouse now. Plus, I don't know if I want to add any more clutter just to watch a few motorised faders going up and down.

Now, where's those photos of your new setup??

Message 199/393             11-Dec-03  @  08:57 AM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

psylichon

File?:  [image]

[image file]

Well here's a crappy stitched panoramic. I've really started to sprawl, so it's hard to get it all in one shot

Message 200/393             11-Dec-03  @  10:29 AM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

beds

i can see the join

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 40

There are 393 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)