aaa GoodSource4SampleCDs? - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: GoodSource4SampleCDs?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 24-Dec-99  @  12:15 PM   -   GoodSource4SampleCDs?

sitar

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I'm looking for a good online source to purchase sample CDs. Most I am finding are located in Europe and don't seem to have an option for intl shipping. Does anyone know of any in the US? Or else an off the street store in NYC? The mega stores like SamAsh are too bustling with people to focus on listening to samples. I've seen soundsonline.com

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/22             02-Jan-00  @  03:10 PM   -   RE: GoodSource4SampleCDs?

sitar

Link?:  Link

I picked up a CD Called XXX Pads (maybe only 2 Xs) by East West. I liked some of the sounds on it. As time goes on I am sure I will be able to create some of these more scintillating sounds myself, but they were inspiring to listen to so I bit the bullet. I imagine that many of these things are put together with sounds and samples of multiple synths layered on top of each other. What do ya think?

Message 22/22             04-Jan-00  @  09:12 PM   -   RE: GoodSource4SampleCDs?

jondl

Link?: Link

I think you are probably right! One of the cool things abouth synth samples on CD is that you can get sounds to emulate synths you couldn't possibly afford to own - and maintain in the case of vintage analog.

There are a couple of really excellent site on the web that you can find some great synth samples at:

http://www.analoguesamples.com/

...just get's better and better.

http://tilt.largo.fl.us/samples/samples.html

...used to sell a *great* budget Sample CD chock full of well made synth samples. I think the fellow got ripped off one time too many and packed it in but his sample library is still available for download. You can find a lot of nice '80's sounding synths here plus some decent drum kits.

Acces to sites like these basically inhibit me from buying synth sounds on Sample CD at retail prices. Loops are another matter as we've already discussed.

I've a few samples for download at my page that are okay. There are some great kits here at DT>

regards,
Jon

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 22 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)