aaa Live sequencer - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Live sequencer

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 13-Apr-00  @  06:48 AM   -   Live sequencer

sitar

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Within a years time I hope to be going live with my partner in dancemusic. I'm thinking hardware sequencer. I do all of my sequencing using Logic right now but have concerns about using a pc live.

Right now I have 2 possibilities. The one I'm asking about here is to use my E4XT ultra as my live sequencer. The other is to use my Roland XP-80. I know a lot of people use hardware like the RMX-1, or Roland's MC-XXs, and others. The type of music I am doing can best be described as Orbital-like. Does anyone here use their sampler to control live sets? I've never done this and if I can go without purchasing a hardware sequencer and use what I have without having to sacrifice spontaneity, I would be happy. Thanks much.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/22             22-Apr-00  @  07:57 AM   -   RE: Live sequencer

sitar

Shit yea. Pongoid. I didn't even put 2 and 2 together. Roland??? Maybe you need a couple of days rest, get the fever down  

Message 22/22             24-Apr-00  @  06:13 PM   -   RE: Live sequencer

pongoid

Yeah, I know. I had to bite my tongue, but the fact of the matter is that both the mc50 and the mkii work quite well. I can't fault Roland on most of their older pieces. It's just that most folks got hung up on the cheap stuff that roland is, and never went beyond into the really nice stuff like Sequential, and Moog, and EMS, and the like. However, these big companies never really went into sequncing like Alesis and Roland did. Maybe they were more geared toward live manipulation, and use with more musicians than Roland's mini-studio concept, hence the tr/tb/sh/mc series (not sh-3 or sh-5). Enough incoherent mumbles. Try it. these things are easy to come by, and easy to get rid of. If it works for you keep it.....

Ape

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 22 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)