aaa CD-R's Software - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: CD-R's Software

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 09-Jul-97  @  07:25 AM   -   CD-R's Software

bajaguy

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I have a CD-R and really cool mixes. Problem: I
want to put my stuff in CD's and be able to listen
to my work in regular CD players. I've heard of a
plugin for Sound Forge, CD Architec, or something.

Anybody?? Any freeware/shareware???

later,

Ben

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/22             20-Aug-97  @  12:54 PM   -   RE: CD-R's Software

avene

Link?:  Link

Alright, so originally I said that 50% of the time the studio dat usually sounds better than the final master... At the same time I never actually said that i'm 100% happy with how the studio dat usually sounds... I wasn't being too specific here, but what I mean is that no matter how good the studio dat sounds, most of the time it will still need some sort of enhancement so that it sounds loud enough on radio or whatever.... but as I was saying a lot of mastering engineers tend to change the whole sound of the track rather than just enhancing it ..It makes no difference what gear they use, whether it's a valve eq, multiband compressors or anything,, it's just how they've been programmed, as to how music should sound. I hope you understand what I'm saying here. Unfortunately a lot of tracks I do tend to be for compilation albums, so you don't get to attend the mastering.

00Now as for the 50% of stuff that does sound alright... If you do get to attend the mastering, the best thing to do is take along a cd that you relly like the sound of and ask the engineer to try and make your track sound like that... If they know what they're on about they can usually do it... One other thing with mastering is the oscilloscope which shows you how spatial your sounds are. This is a good way of determining how stereo or mono something is. Apparently Apogee converters make a difference also.

Whatever the outcome, if the studio master sounds alright, and your confident it'll sell, go for it. As for vinyl, although I prefer vinyl, there are no pressing plants in this country anymore - which really sucks. Also, the cd manafacturer my label deal with, only take CDRs, but apparently they're real cheap. I do understand that things are probably a lot different in the UK though.

If this all sounds like a bit of a toss, it's not meant to, it's just an opinion based on stuff I've learnt over the last couple of years.

Message 22/22             15-Sep-97  @  12:17 PM   -   RE: CD-R's Software

PC Man

Link?:  No link

Look around in pc mags for good prices. I have just
bought a CDRW (rewriteable) for 230 squid + vat.

Blanks work out about 1 1/2 squid for unbranded gold disks.
These are said to be unreliable & 1 in 20 fail,
I've never experiened this. Even if 1 or 2 do fail, what
do you want for £1.50, cassettes snap all the time.
Branded rewriteables cost about
£15 (Uk) and seem to last forever .. write..erase...
write...erase...................

Look at PC mags like Micro-Mart & pickup a good deal
with warranty n stuff & don't get ripped off by the big
name resalers.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 22 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)