aaa Are the effects really worth it?! - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Are the effects really worth it?!

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 26-Oct-00  @  12:47 PM   -   Are the effects really worth it?!

Maarten

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I thought about upgrading my MPC with the effects board. Having no idea what the costs would be (was thinking in the range of $200-250), I called my dealer and was corrected to $600. For less ca$h I can buy an external dedicated device (lexicon amongst others.), a Zip drive and additional memory. I'm wondering now if someone can tell me if the MPC's add-on is really worth it.
I'd really like to hear what you think.

Thanks in advance,

-M-

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/23             05-Nov-00  @  08:24 PM   -   RE: Are the effects really worth it?!

GT

Link?:  No link

whoa ^fv, Lexi(the pioneers) make great boxes, except the mpx-100. the mpx-1? i've never used it..im sure its very nice. (btw, im not upset, sorry to seem that way). I'm just a bastard who expects more for the money (lol, mpx-100 = $229). They got me, I admit it fully...I bought it cus i said "hmm, must be good, it's a lexicon".

r-tek, sorry man, i tried to leave a laugh line but im not anygood at written expression  

PCM-81/90 - No one can touch 'em.

Personally tho, after many opinons on prorec etc AND other research AND use, I'm going soft...WAVES Gold bundle software that is.

bit by bit,

GT

Message 22/23             06-Nov-00  @  02:16 AM   -   RE: Are the effects really worth it?!

fv

Hi GT,

Lexicon makes great boxes, I agree with you there. They are not the be-all and end-all. Sometimes other boxes can produce a better desired sound. It's all about knowing what you need for a particular application. I brought the MPX-1 into my post because you posted "Don't swear at me r-tek by saying MPX-100 or the 1 ....". I assumed by the "or the 1" you meant the MPX-1 which, is in a different league.

When it comes to these kinds of boxes you typically get what you pay for. If you ever heard the LXP-1 and LXP-5 you'd understand as well. I never liked those boxes either, even though they were Lexi's. When you buy something for $200, it's going to sound like it. When you buy something for $1000 (ie roughly the MPX-1's price) it will sound like it. When you buy something for $10,000 (like the Lexi 966), then you're in heaven.

For the money, software fx are getting quite good as are some of the software synths. I apologize if I came on strong. That was not my intention. Some people take their gear so personally as it seemed from your post. To me, they're just boxes. If I find a use for them, then that's good. I don't care if someone else thinks it is crap.

Oh well, best regards,
fv

Message 23/23             06-Nov-00  @  02:39 AM   -   RE: Are the effects really worth it?!

H

The LXP-1 and LXP-5 are great used bargains get the mrc editor for them and it's a nice little setup.The TC M-1 the delay are based upon some of the best electronics from the late 80s and you had to pay 5K for these fx back then.

I want an M-1

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)