aaa If you are going to buy VST, WAIT!!! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: If you are going to buy VST, WAIT!!!

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 14-Oct-98  @  06:52 PM   -   If you are going to buy VST, WAIT!!!

AudioPro21

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Last week the stienberg-event tour came to my town(Seattle) and at that tour they were selling VST/24 for the PC!!!! I had just bought my 3.5 producer pac from Guitar Center and they were selling this new pac with VST\24, Wavelab2.0, Free Filter, and The Rennisuance Compressor. There were some very cool package deals featuring this new VST\24 producer pac and the Event Layla. Some how I managed to get Guitar Center (not Stienberg they have never replied to any thing ever) to take back my pac and give me the new one for only $50. So if your planing on setting up a system wait till the Stienberg-Event tour comes to your town!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/23             31-Dec-98  @  09:17 AM   -   RE: If you are going to buy VST, WAIT!!!

kilo

no you didnt.... well, yeah, cake is great... they are all great when they work, and each has strong points.... but i just found of the threee, logic was the most stable....and reliable... the newer VST's are getting more reliable... but it still can be problematic....

Message 22/23             31-Dec-98  @  01:34 PM   -   RE: If you are going to buy VST, WAIT!!!

Kelaperse

I've had very little problems with VST if any.. 3.6 seems to be even better than the earlier versions. I had a cracked version of Native Power Pack installed and my system crashed very often. Now as I have uninstalled it, it's stable again.

Native Power Pack uses too much processor power for me anyway... Vintage PP is great and doesn't need that much power.

I started wondering what was I supposed to say.. but it was the ReWire thing! I guess I'll better start a new topic on that one...

Message 23/23             01-Jan-99  @  05:54 PM   -   RE: If you are going to buy VST, WAIT!!!

kilo

just tried out lateer VST version.. (see 'REPENT' thread).... great !!!.... impressed..... it's true, as each version comes out, it gets more sorted so it seems....that is why I'd stick with a 16 bit version for now..... maybe upgrade after the pc prices come down furhter, and it's cheaper to bump up the machine,... it should also give steinberg enuff time to iron out any new Version bugs

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)