aaa easy question - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: easy question

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 03-Aug-02  @  07:07 PM   -   easy question

chroma

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

for the same price i can get:

a yamaha a3000 v.2 (16Mb ram, 500Mb scsi drive, 10 outs)

OR

an akai s2000 (2Mb ram, Eb16 effects board, 10 outs) PLUS a new Behringer 1204a 12 channel mixer

yamaha obviously but does anyone disagree for some reason? anyone?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/23             07-Aug-02  @  07:33 PM   -   RE: easy question

Brett

I would like $500. I will ship it to you if you insure it properly. it has 66mb ram and the manual. plus, I 'll be happy to help you learn the os via e-mail or forums here.

Message 22/23             08-Aug-02  @  11:17 AM   -   RE: easy question

chroma

kinda had my heart set on an a3000, how is the e6400 better? its not the ultra though right? did a search but couldnt find a lot of info on it...

Message 23/23             08-Aug-02  @  10:30 PM   -   RE: easy question

Brett

I don't know about better, just differant I guess. The filters are non alaising and are very creamy and clean. The a3000 has a harsher alaising sound to it. So for acoustic instrument reproduction the emu is much better. The ananlog smaples sound wet and gurgle like analogs Should. I think emu did a great job on the filters over any other sampler. they sound very much like the curtis filters on my mks-80, wet bubbly and clean without the alaising that you here on juno's and other analogs. The alaising on the akai and yamaha can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on what you want. The patches are easier to come by and it supports akai libraries as well. It is the same as the e6400 ultra minus the 24bit file support, beat munging , and the rfx support. It can be upgraded to the latest os for $80. If you have your heart set on an a3000, then should get it. I don't know enough about them.I have heard audio demos, that is it. But my sampler is a damn fine sampler and extremely powerful, as are all the EIV samplers, and seting up presets is pretty straight forward. Also, my sa,mpler has an onboard 48 track sequecer.I didn't think the a3000 has a sequencer but i may be wrong. It has never been out of my room since I bought it two years ago.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)