aaa Americans and Indian Call centres - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Americans and Indian Call centres

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 23-Nov-05  @  02:53 PM   -   Americans and Indian Call centres

Zazza

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=27783

For example, the Gate tells of a call from a woman in Texas recently to a bloke in an Indian call centre. She started by saying that thanks to outsourcing: "You are getting money, food, shelter. You should be starving."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/11/17/BUGB3FPGT01.DTL&type=tech

Das, who quit the job after four months, said she learned to dislike Americans. "Rarely, there are people who are good," she said by e-mail, "but then others remind me that all they believe in is cursing, and they don't have respect for others."

On the Philadelphia radio show "Star and Buc Wild," host Troi Terrain phoned an Indian call center pretending to order hair beads for his daughter. The call quickly turned vicious.

"Listen to me, you dirty rat eater," Terrain growled, to muffled laughter in the studio. "I'll come out there and choke the -- out of you. You're a filthy rat eater. I'm calling about my American 6-year-old white girl. How dare you outsource my call?"

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/23             07-Dec-05  @  10:18 PM   -   RE: Americans and Indian Call centres

sitar

Link?: Link

lol @ Steve

Message 22/23             08-Dec-05  @  06:50 AM   -   RE: Americans and Indian Call centres

mcc>

Link?: Link

i was wondering what the deal was with all this.

i just set karen's studio up (very sweet btw) and had to call tech support as the linksys modem software wasn't osx compatible as the package indicated.
so this girl tells me to download an exe. file and i tell her she knows full-well an exe. file isn't for mac and you can just feel her smiling from the other side of the globe.
i suggested all she wanted to do was get rid of this call and move on to the next caller without ever giving viable support.
she basically said i was right.
i asked her to hand me off to someone who almost cared about providing a little customer-support....which she did...and he did and we finally got our problem resolved.

but it's bad enough when you can't understand them through their accent....
it's horrible when they choose not to even care.

linksys...cisco....etc.

Message 23/23             08-Dec-05  @  09:18 AM   -   RE: Americans and Indian Call centres

monkeybasket2001

Link?:  No link

im not sure ive seen that advert- god forbid anyone has let that accent get on tv- imma gonna try and find out exactly where it is now so i can try post an example..

greg

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)