aaa Open Source - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Open Source

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 12-Mar-99  @  02:44 PM   -   Open Source

swarm

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Have you considered making your code open or semi open source? That would greatly expand the number of heads working at making your code tight, feature rich and bugfree. Also, if some one really wanted something unique, they could put it in.

Also, getting the rep of being the linux of synths couldn't be a bad thing.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/23             23-May-99  @  07:46 PM   -   RE: Open Source

k

right ----

2. what do the code people here think about emagic's EASI proposals - weirdly, no-one seems to be even discussing it at any forum i've looked at -?... i'd have thought this was very relevant to the industry -

Message 22/23             24-May-99  @  07:19 PM   -   RE: Open Source

Mickey

Actually they're too much proposed low-latency standards right now. Almost every major company is trying to get one through. And almost all standards are proprietary. EASI is one of the first which is really "open" from the beginning. I suggest waiting... There are _some_ cards which you can really work with - even without EASI or ASIO or CakeAudio or ...

Message 23/23             08-Jun-99  @  10:46 PM   -   RE: Open Source

max

well...if (as someone said) decompilers are so simple to use, and it would in fact be easy to open up the code anyway, then why not do it? write up a spiffy new OS, impress the pants off Novation, and have everyone in the music world worship the ground you shit on. (except for me, since I'm one of those broke folks that spends half as much on a car as you'd have to spend for a supernova, even an unexpanded broken one with typhus.)

simple. right?

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)