aaa FutureRetro777:memoirs of a junkie - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: FutureRetro777:memoirs of a junkie

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 07-Sep-98  @  06:48 PM   -   FutureRetro777:memoirs of a junkie

cyborg0

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

the 777 definitely is a few light years beyond the possibilities of the original tb303, AND it sounds EXACTLY like a real 303.. I hooked mine up, put it on saw wave and jacked the distortion up, and BAM, instant Hardfloor.. but, this thing can crank out far more complex lines.. I have used the filter cv warp mode along with the accents, and have gotten lines that sound like there is a tb303, an mc202, and an Arp 2600 all playing different sequences.. this is due to a lot of the parameters being dependent on accent and on other parameters settings.. the modulation routings rival stuff like the minimoog, Arp 2600, and ms20... amazing.. truly amazing.. this thing WILL dethrone the tb303, guaranteed... it will dethrone a lot of other acid synths also due to the built in sequencer and the 7 pole filter...
I will admit, though, that the sequencer takes a little getting used to due to the fact that you scroll through the notes rather than scrolling through the steps..its kinda weird at first, but for a live situation, this makes it easier to mess with loop points and such on the fly, plus its easier to add rests, glides, and accents.
Basically, you have 16 buttons on the bottom. When you hit a button, the note at that step comes up in the LED numbers..(nixie tubes woulda been cooler, but i digress!  )
Also, the glide and accent info comes up..
At that step, you use up/down buttons to change the value of the note. Very cool..

It also has a sort of random mode.. If you wanna start with all random patterns, Jared stated that one could input any string of midi data into it during a dump, and that would be seen as sysex by the machine, and it would go ahead and place that info in the memory, whatever it might turn out to be.. very interesting!

Loop points and all other data seems to be ROCK solid and is able to be changed during play with no hiccup! wow..

I no longer want another tb303.. as far as im concerned, the tb303 no longer exists except in trax where ppl pay far too much for far too little..

This thing puts ANY mod you can do to the tb303 to shame! I would buy 10 of these before i would buy a tb303 for anything over 300 bux.. the tb303 will be put in its rightful place..Im just happy to have had the opportunity to be part of music history by being one of the first ppl to own one.. Its time to ditch the tb303 while you still can and buy one of these before your tb303 is rendered useless.

one thing REALLY GREAT about it is that it has NO BUGS!!! imagine that... a first release of a unit with no bugs?!?! How can this be!?! When Roland is supposedly soooo freakin smart, they constantly release buggy equipment, as does akai et al... I really think, too, that dsp based japanese stuff has once again been trounced on its ass by good old AMERICAN ingenuity and good ol ANALOG circuits!

The petition for the re-release of the tb303 is now a moot point.. here it is in all its original and futuristic mind enhanced massaged power and glory..bow down beyotches...  )
rob

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/24             02-Oct-98  @  01:27 PM   -   RE: FutureRetro777:memoirs of a junkie

The not-so obvious after all

Oh I know what you mean,, I use a different 909 for each drum sound..

Anyway.. I thought the 777 was mono? if it is could you explain how you can get a kick and a hh out of 1 sequence... Or does the 777 change programs really quickly with no apparent clicking (you know what I mean?)... I think maybe a demo would be a good idea.. (but not one of those future music style spanish flamenco acid waltz riffs ;-) )...

Maybe you should re-name this the 777 chat room?

Laters...

Message 22/24             02-Oct-98  @  08:09 PM   -   RE: FutureRetro777:memoirs of a junkie

cyborg0

Well, of course, they cannot make the bd and hihat at exactly the same time, but by messing with the two different envelopes, using the notes to control the filter amount through filter CV you can have it changing the filter dynamics AND env in real-time. So, what you are using for your main osc is a noise wave, but, with the filter all the way down, it can sound like a kik, and with the filter up, you get the pure noise out...
Theres a LOT of flexibility, Im telling ya..Thats just the beginning..
Ill whoop up a little realaudio example..
Rob

Message 23/24             04-Oct-98  @  09:02 PM   -   RE: FutureRetro777:memoirs of a junkie

CE;LTIC DREA;M

hey rob I'd like to here your 777

Message 24/24             07-Oct-98  @  05:40 AM   -   RE: FutureRetro777:memoirs of a junkie

x2c4nrg

I just got my 777 and Ill tell ya...ITS A FUCKIN' MONSTER!!! This thing is fuckin fresh. Itll take a me long time to figure out all the functions though. This box rocks. It sounds like an actual TB 303...and with a little adjustment...a Bass Station. Ill fool with it a little more and Ill post more info later.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 24 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)