aaa No Wonder The Sea Is Salty......... - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: No Wonder The Sea Is Salty.........

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 21-May-03  @  09:47 AM   -   No Wonder The Sea Is Salty.........

Mega Hurtz

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

cough.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/24             22-May-03  @  10:26 PM   -   RE: No Wonder The Sea Is Salty.........

Influx

Link?: Link

maybe theyre not killing it, just moving it

Message 22/24             22-May-03  @  10:32 PM   -   RE: No Wonder The Sea Is Salty.........

sox

Link?:  Link

Yeah, I used to study them quite intensely. After Jaws came out I went a bit shark reading mad. Every book I could get my hands on I read. The best ones were from a guy called Rodney (can't remember his last name-he's very famous)He'd survived a shark attack and the book had pictures of him with this huge half-moon of flesh missing from his side and the healed up scars afterwards.
He was (at that time) the world's most informed person on shark behaviour. Still can't believe he went and learned all the shit after he got bitten.

sox

Message 23/24             22-May-03  @  10:50 PM   -   RE: No Wonder The Sea Is Salty.........

cheddar

Link?:  Link

K. I think the world has been shopped

Message 24/24             22-May-03  @  10:51 PM   -   RE: No Wonder The Sea Is Salty.........

Pongoid

Link?: Link

Yeah, wasn't he bit just off of Point Reyes or something? It's kinda odd. The Great White attack capital of the world is just a few miles north of SF. Studying it, it makes sense, but still seems kinda odd, especially after Jaws was some Martha's Vinyard thing.

I grew up just across the Sound from Martha's Vinyard, and I never once saw a Carcharinus Carcharius there, but did see a Mako once, and various others...dogfish, maybe a hammerhead (not sure), etc.. Talk about scary shit! Sharks scare the fuck out of me, but they also fascinate. I guess they scare me cuz I know what they do: They swim fast and they EAT. Some won't eat humans, but others do not care, it's all flesh to them. Hell in a frenzy they even eat each other sometimes. Rare, but it happens.

Ape

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 24 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)