aaa Softer/warmer sounds from Virus? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Softer/warmer sounds from Virus?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 17-May-05  @  09:52 PM   -   Softer/warmer sounds from Virus?

obxpander

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Greetings all..

I know this sub-forum has been abandoned for quite some time now. Sheesh.

Anyways, I was looking to start up again making ambient-ish music using a one trick pony synthesizer...well..in that sort of thing. I have a midi controller keyboard now, and a laptop for sequencing...My question is such: does anyone have any links or demos of the Virus doing softer sounds? Everytime I hear the Virus in use, it seems that it is doing some sort of angry psy-trance or fuzzy trance sounds. I use to have an 'A' and a 'B', but I mostly used it for rough, massive leads and bass. I'm particularly interested in the Virus because it has up to 24 voices of polyphony and 16 parts..My other option was the Novation Nova, but that has 12 voices, and 6 parts only. I was hoping to do Analogue style drums and everything else on this one piece until I master or get better at what I do, then expand into something else...

Thanks!
Jimmy

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/24             24-May-05  @  06:03 PM   -   RE: Softer/warmer sounds from Virus?

Influx

Link?: Link

it has inserts on a couple inputs tho, no?

Message 22/24             02-Jun-05  @  07:33 PM   -   RE: Softer/warmer sounds from Virus?

craig

I don't think so.. The bigger one does.

Message 23/24             02-Jun-05  @  07:41 PM   -   RE: Softer/warmer sounds from Virus?

k

Link?:  Link

isnt the Virus like alot of synths tho?... in that peole tend to work with the flter at a certain angle to produce an average volume, but if you roll the filter off and increase volume, you get softer sounds, but you gotta be careful of the main volume if you then crank the filter up

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 24/24             07-Jun-05  @  09:41 PM   -   RE: Softer/warmer sounds from Virus?

craig

I've always found the saturation to be very useful on the virus for warm sounds (set to soft or medium), and definately keep the filter resonance down, as it's a very hard sounding filter.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 24 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)