aaa How is a nice arpeggiated line made? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: How is a nice arpeggiated line made?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 23-May-05  @  09:28 PM   -   How is a nice arpeggiated line made?

obxpander

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hold on, let me don my flamesuit...Ok..

Such as the ones in trance. You know, those fuzzy trancey seq. arpeggiated lines.

For an example of one, check out the the song "airwaves" by Rank 1. There are a dozens of remixes too, all which of feature that awesome sequenced line.

I'm trying to dissect it now and plug it into the 'matrix' on this reason demo. But it seems like its a combo of 2 different sequencers being played. The whole line seems monophonic though.

Any advice?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/24             01-Jun-05  @  01:04 AM   -   RE: How is a nice arpeggiated line made?

S1GNALRUNNERS - BLU

Link?: Link

whats the question?

i dont know how the reason matrix works but just draw the midi notes in?

by the sounds of those clips youd have ALOT of fun with a jp8000

those tracks arent arpegiated key holds by the way - draw the notes in your sequencer

it still sounds like your overcomplicating things for yourself - those arps are a 2 second job

give me a view minutes and ill post u a midi

Message 22/24             01-Jun-05  @  01:09 AM   -   RE: How is a nice arpeggiated line made?

S1GNALRUNNERS - BLU

File?:  File

Message 23/24             01-Jun-05  @  01:09 AM   -   RE: How is a nice arpeggiated line made?

S1GNALRUNNERS - BLU

File?:  File

rank1-airwave2.mid

arps lines ;)

Message 24/24             02-Jun-05  @  06:35 AM   -   RE: How is a nice arpeggiated line made?

obxpander

Link?:  No link

dude, the second one was perfect!

Since I don't have a sequencer to plug it into yet, could you explain?

Was that written as one monophonic line in 32nd notes? I was mostly confused as to what the
lower octave notes were doing in conjunction to the higher ones. Was there any method to the
mayhem, or was it just randomized?

thanks!

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 24 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)