aaa Any Sonar users in the uk? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Any Sonar users in the uk?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 19-Mar-07  @  06:08 PM   -   Any Sonar users in the uk?

DingoStema

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Hello gang,

I really need someones help. After 5 years I have finally moved from logic 5.5 on the pc over to SONAR. I largely made the move due to logic not seeing more than 1 gig of RAM which was getting frustrating.

Unfortunately though, now I have a big learning curve so I was wondering if there is a kind soul who is a UK based SONAR user who mght have a chat with me over the phone to help me with the app.

Optomistic I know but its gotta be worth a try,

All the best, Dingo Dave

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/24             01-Jul-07  @  02:10 PM   -   RE: Any Sonar users in the uk?

rags .aka. welder

Link?: Link

Cheers folks!

I guess I got into one of those geek periods...

Sonar 6 has a 64 bit floating point engine... I didn't knew what to think about it (on one hand it sounds overly unnecesary, on the other hand... well it might make sense...)

So here it comes:

Ableton Live (32 bit FP)
vs.
Adobe Audition (32 bit FP)
vs.
Sonar 6 (64 bit FP internal engine, dithered down to 32 bit (POW-R 2))

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/7/1/1228287/summing_test_1.zip

Message 22/24             01-Jul-07  @  07:35 PM   -   RE: Any Sonar users in the uk?

k

that'll be interesting

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 23/24             01-Jul-07  @  09:21 PM   -   RE: Any Sonar users in the uk?

rags .aka. welder

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

And this sounds fucking amazing! I didn't knew, but Cake's now sourcing Voxengo's convolution engine (just like that new OSX Logic), but it is updated to 64 bit... also, most of the old Sonitus stuff is 64 bit now (including the EQ you get on a channel by default).

I am not saying this 64 bit technology is that much better though, sort of 5 maybe 10% increase in clarity, but when you have a 64 bit processor (and a 64 bit OS) then it is stupid not to use the increased wordlength.

Also, they claim performance increase when run under a 64bit OS, now the competition is nowhere near utilizing that extra at the moment.

Message 24/24             02-Jul-07  @  02:13 PM   -   RE: Any Sonar users in the uk?

k

yeah, i was pretty impressed with the new v6 i got the demo for a while back. The only annoying this is tho this 30 day business... cos you start it, and it starts counting down the 30 days, but then you might only get a few chances to try it time-wise over the next 30 days. I'd rather they let you open the programme a fixed amount of times rather than by fixed days. I was really impressed with the included stuff tho, nice channel eq etc.

anwyays, i cant hear any difference really on speakers between the 3, mebbe a part of me is trying to hear fractionaly better defined hi mids, but i cant tell if thats for real or my imagination, not that it's very loud btw, i'll try cans next

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 24 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)