aaa drum and bass - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: drum and bass

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 12-Apr-99  @  08:33 AM   -   drum and bass

z8818525

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

hi, I'm thinking about getting a supernova but was wondering if anyone on here does d&b and whether you think the snv is good for d&b, for inyafacebass. Say compared to jp8000,Z1 nord etc.

thanks for your time and thoughts
craig

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/24             19-Nov-01  @  04:20 PM   -   RE: drum and bass

bedwyr

Link?: Link

christ! don't spend that much at once! influx is right, get one piece of gear that can do everything (nearly) i.e. a sampler (+cheap midi keyboard, computer and maybe a mixing desk, mackie 24/8 will blow a bit of your budget but will last for when you buy more gear). then don't buy anything else (even if you think you 'really need this, that or the other, just to give it that special "touch"') until you know your sampler/sequencer INSIDE OUT.

ahh, if only.

then buy a synth and get into programming those, jesus, 15,000!

Message 22/24             19-Nov-01  @  06:08 PM   -   RE: drum and bass

steve

Link?:  No link

yes, what they said. Sampler + sequencer is all you need to lay down tight tracks in pretty much any genre and especially dnb. A synth or 2 and some efx makes a nice addition too but will only impede your development until you can get things honking with just the basics.

sampler, mixer, sequencer, monitors, controller keys ...and then when you`ve worked out exactly where your arse and elbow are you can add the other stuff.

Message 23/24             22-Nov-01  @  08:20 PM   -   RE: drum and bass

influx

Link?:  Link

and then give the rest to US for giving good advice

Message 24/24             29-Nov-01  @  09:42 PM   -   RE: drum and bass

sitar

Link?:  Link

I run everything on a pc and midi is fine. There are all kinds of causes for midi timing problems. You can have them with Macs too.

Yea what they said. I'm still getting my head out of water cuz I started with too much 2 1/2 years ago. If you do look at a non-va synth though, give the EMU Xtreme Lead-1 a listen. I'd say it's a techno synth with incredible rhythm capabilities and sounds to die for. Would it work for tech step and DnB? You'd have to listen for yourself.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 24 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)