aaa Q or A - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Q or A

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 19-Sep-02  @  09:08 AM   -   Q or A

bster

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

i've had my Supernova for 3 years know and i want to get it a brother i'm undecided between a Micro Q and a Virus A, i like cutting edge sounds, hard and evolving with a bit of bite.
Is the virus different enough (sound wise) to the Supernova?

Bster

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/25             04-Oct-02  @  11:51 AM   -   RE: Q or A

j-type

K2000 could easily pass as a VA if you program it right. get a knob box, set up some VA-esque templates and don't look back.

Message 22/25             03-Nov-02  @  11:06 AM   -   RE: Q or A

djjessex

kurzweils rock hard man!

but i could not disagree more. sounds like something is pale in comparison to actually sounding analog. Wish i could afford a K2600 however buddy. that thing kicks ass after the ten years it would take to get your head around it architecture.

K makes a deep synth! How long have you had the k2000? was thinkin a gettin one.

Message 23/25             03-Nov-02  @  11:40 AM   -   RE: Q or A

k

i think one huge bonus with the k2000 besides it being so cheap s/h is that it comes with scsi & 4mb ram as bog standard so you can load some akai disk strings or loops or drums or whatever anytime - ram is cheap 72 pin simms so bumping it up is no big deal - plus you get huge edit storage space (999 locations) and then a floppy to back-up all those edits in a few seconds. - adding a zip for gig or studio loading is cheap cos scsi is included.

Message 24/25             04-Nov-02  @  08:02 PM   -   RE: Q or A

errata

sorry Jesse, Kurzweils can do VERY convincing analog emulation if you know what you're doing. The k2000 has virtualy the same synth architecture as the 2600 and I used one for a few years back around '96, '97. No control surface but the "data slider" but if you can get down into what they do, the Kurzweils are wonderful!

e

Message 25/25             05-Nov-02  @  10:15 PM   -   RE: Q or A

djjessex

I STILL disagree. I used a K2600 when i worked at guitar center and it is almost as good a Anamods if thats the sound your trying to get. most people use it to write orchestras. And it does that better than any synth ive played.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 25 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)