aaa Anyone using shit tools 7 yet? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

13-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Anyone using shit tools 7 yet?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 07-Apr-06  @  08:40 PM   -   Anyone using shit tools 7 yet?

Lloyd Duddley

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Anybody here upgraded to Pro Tools 7 LE and having any luck with it? I cant seem to get the thing to work on my machine? Driving me mental, so unstable - often crashes on startup, often skimps out for no apparent reason. HAve tried so many things.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/25             14-Apr-06  @  08:45 PM   -   RE: Anyone using shit tools 7 yet?

Influx

Link?: Link

beds wrote:

what gear for trance?

5th, of course!

Message 22/25             17-Apr-06  @  07:33 PM   -   RE: Anyone using shit tools 7 yet?

labwerx

I seriously doubt I'll ever get to PT7 because I see no real reason to upgrade from my current Digi Audiomedia III card. PT LE 6.1.1 works fine with pretty much everything I throw at it AND it works fine on my P3-850 machine.

Message 23/25             17-Apr-06  @  10:33 PM   -   RE: Anyone using shit tools 7 yet?

soup

Link?:  No link

one of the few commendable things about digi is when they abandon a piece of legacy hardware they leave it with a functioning software release which they even sometimes continue to bugfix.

Message 24/25             18-Apr-06  @  06:55 PM   -   RE: Anyone using shit tools 7 yet?

labwerx

soup wrote:

one of the few commendable things about digi is when they abandon a piece of legacy hardware they leave it with a functioning software release which they even sometimes continue to bugfix.

True, but in all honesty there is no reason to drop support for older hardware. Since Digi was forced to release ProTools M-Powered (Avid owns both M-Audio and Digi), they should be forced to support their own older hardware. It makes no sense that I can run out and buy an old Audiophile2496 and have it work with ProTools 7 and not my AM3 or a Digi001.

Message 25/25             19-Apr-06  @  12:18 AM   -   RE: Anyone using shit tools 7 yet?

k

Link?:  Link

i wonder actualy whats on the cards for digi... UA apparently are stopping doing TDM, and with stuff like focusrite releasing 32 eq's and comps in a device it maybe companies are thinking "we give a huge chunk to digidesign cos of tdm

also with intel mac's and general power-price ration

anyways, i wonder....

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 25 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)