aaa TB or not TB - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

10-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: TB or not TB

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 14-Oct-98  @  04:49 PM   -   TB or not TB

King Quiz

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Have you ever heard a song with a dope bassline and you wonder if its a TB 303 or not?

Well lets post songs that have those mysterious basslines and see what everybody says...TB or not TB...that is the question.

In example...

Josh Winx - "Higher state of Consiousness"

TB or not TB?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/26             01-Nov-98  @  05:48 AM   -   RE: TB or not TB

buggo

wow...just got prodigy's old album and it seems there's a lot of 909 and 303...in marked contrast to fat of the land

Message 22/26             01-Nov-98  @  03:22 PM   -   RE: TB or not TB

pedicelli

No shit!? Ya think????? That's what The Prodigy was all about! You thought they were all based on that punk-rock bullshit? Man, go to my website and educate yourself; it embraces the Experience and Jilted Era and lists all of Liam's equipment!

http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Museum/3068/smek.htm

Message 23/26             21-Nov-98  @  01:21 AM   -   RE: TB or not TB

x2c4nrg

What about Fatboy Slims Acid 8000?

TB or not TB?

It sound like it as far as the bassline goes, but the sound itself sounds different. It sounds like it has some kind of phaser effect or something. Maybe its his Virus or his ATC1.

Message 24/26             08-Mar-99  @  10:59 PM   -   RE: TB or not TB

Willy

Higher State Of Consiousness can't be a 303. It's a 202 cause the filters self resonate hence the piercing value. Smack my bitch up aint either although he does own two of them.

Message 25/26             08-Mar-99  @  11:20 PM   -   RE: TB or not TB

pedicelli

Now it's a 202??? Can we get a confirmation on Wink's High State of Conciousness? Is it an SH-101 or an MC-202?

(definetely isn't a TB-303, cause you're damn straight about the piercing...)

About Smack My Bitch Up.....it's really hard to tell....with some massive effects and editing, it could possibly be a 303...Liam likes complicating things with his gear......it could be anything. At the time he wrote the song he had a Juno 106, TB-303, Prophecy, JP-8000, Nordlead I, and a few others as main soundsources.....I doubt it was one of his main rack module synths...who knows! That guy has more gear than you can shake a leg at....

Message 26/26             10-Mar-99  @  06:58 AM   -   RE: TB or not TB

gendreau

I own an SH-101 and have played a bit with an MC-202...
In therms of sound architecture they are basically identical. There are only slight sound differences.

The SH-101 emphasizes the keyboard end of things and has a very simple sequencer/arpeg. The MC-202 emplasizes the sequencer with only a simple chicklet keyboard.

Both can be modded to insane levels...
Check out the SH-101 NovaMod:
http://robotnik.com/the_lab/synths/sh-101/sh101.html

BTW, I am currently programming the MIDI->CV controller firmware for these guys.

-Dan G.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 26 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)