aaa Nova vs K-Station - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Nova vs K-Station

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 13-Dec-02  @  01:27 AM   -   Nova vs K-Station

Broken Silence

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hey peps:

I'm buying a synth reeaal soon and it's probably goin to be novation nova vs k-station. I know the first thing out of your mouth is try both and see which works for you. I unfortunatley can't try em =( So im relying on ya'll!

Again, i'm trying to make some kewl trance lines to add to my tracks.

Not taking the price difference in hand, what can the nova offer that is so much better than the k?

Thanks =)

Andrew

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/26             23-Dec-02  @  06:32 PM   -   RE: Nova vs K-Station

Bastiaan

Link?: Link

Well, nick?

Message 22/26             28-Dec-02  @  09:41 PM   -   RE: Nova vs K-Station

Bastiaan

Link?:  Link

Or phil..

Message 23/26             03-Jan-03  @  04:48 PM   -   RE: Nova vs K-Station

nickb

Hi all,

Happy New Year.

Firstly, the A-Station does not have a power switch, just like the Bass Station rack, the Super Bass Station Rack and the D-Station. The front panel of these 1u high synthesisers are crammed full of controls. The only viable place to put a power switch would be on the back of the unit or to reduce the available controls. Neither of which is a good option - the controls are essential, a power switch is not!

As for the compatibility between the A / K-Station sounds and the Nova / Supernova II sounds, this is not really possible. The A & K-Station sounds use triangle waveforms and doubled sine and triangle waves which the Nova and Supernova II cannot generate. The KS takes this to another level by adding other waveforms which cannot be implimented on the other instruments.
The filter algorithm for the A-Station, K-Station and KS syntheisers are different to those used in the Nova and Supernova II series and therefore have a different sound to them This is a large part of the sound of the A-Station, K-Station & KS synthesisers. Added to this is the difference in the tonal quality of the filter overdrive algorithm etc etc etc.

It just comes down to the fact that the A-Station, K-Station and KS4,5 & rack work in a different way to the Nova / Supernova / Nova II and Supernova II which makes porting patches between these instruments difficult.

Cheers,

Nick.

Message 24/26             03-Jan-03  @  05:20 PM   -   RE: Nova vs K-Station

psylichon

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought ASM was ASM. Perhaps you should call it ASM2 or something creative like that. Then you could be like Yamaha!

psy

Message 25/26             03-Jan-03  @  06:34 PM   -   RE: Nova vs K-Station

errata

Link?:  No link

Novation ST700 = One of the Fastest new racing bikes on the circuit!

e

Message 26/26             03-Jan-03  @  08:22 PM   -   RE: Nova vs K-Station

Bastiaan

Thanks! Finally this question is out of my system. Nick, while you're at it could you ask Linda vandenBurghen/Noreen where I can order a bunch of spare keys (for ones I destroyed) for my Bass sation Kb.

cheers,

Bastiaan

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 26 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)