aaa Sonar 8.5 - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Sonar 8.5

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 17-Sep-10  @  01:15 AM   -   RE: Sonar 8.5

sitar

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

yay! i ordered Sonar 8.5 Producer edition. should arrive next week. i haven't upgraded since Sonar 3.xx. i can't wait til it gets here. 

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/26             30-Sep-10  @  09:29 AM   -   RE: Sonar 8.5

k

Link?: Link

yeah i think some flash update has buggered windows cos suddenly for the first time in 15 years i'm getting crackling playback on all audio outputs and cannot find any fix - this is only one one machine which attaches to the web and has flash latest. all others are fine and all the macs are fine.

windows man! grrrrrrrrrr! i am so sick of it

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 22/26             30-Sep-10  @  11:05 AM   -   RE: Sonar 8.5

sitar

that really stinks. i'm not getting any crackling. this is my only puter so i have to connect online with it. funny thing is, since the night before last i opened sonar and started working on a track. an hour later i realized i still had chrome open. turns out it wasn't chrome messing with my drivers after all. i think it was the windows game "freecell" lol. yeah, shoot me but i've won close to 1,200 freecell games in a row now! 

i am really happy with the war sonar is running on this puter. in one song i have 36 tracks, almost 5 minutes of mostly audio and a few midi tracks, all software synths and a shitload of fx, compressors on some individual tracks and buses. they're not all playing at the same time but probably could be. many are muted as i'm probably discarding them. still, i could as well be running 1 midi track because it's running so smoothly. cpu stays between 25% and 30% with a burst to a little over and under every now and then.  

Message 23/26             30-Sep-10  @  01:27 PM   -   RE: Sonar 8.5

NastyM

Link?:  No link

i used to run Sonar 2.2 and had similar probs - every track had to be bounced down to audio which left me practically unable to manipulate any of the midi files - a ball ache and a half, now its the same as youve described above thirty odd tracks effects etc and no ill (absolutely brilliant the only downside it encourages a certain lethargy with the previous setup i had to be constantly doing housework)

Message 24/26             30-Sep-10  @  03:25 PM   -   RE: Sonar 8.5

sitar

i cleaned house on the track about an hour ago. the track is nearly finished. i created new projects called "Leads" and "Basses" where I'm saving leads and basses for new projects. i almost changed changed the whole feel of this track to accommodate a lead i made last night but i'll start a new song with it instead. 

there is so much i have to look into because i'm doing most things the same way i did them years ago and i know there are way faster ways to accomplish the same tasks now.  

Message 25/26             01-Oct-10  @  11:01 PM   -   RE: Sonar 8.5

sitar

the trance track i'm writing is almost finished. i took a break today and i just posted in the music track and feedback forum explaining this track. 

Message 26/26             05-Oct-10  @  09:09 PM   -   RE: Sonar 8.5

sitar

wow. i can do that autotune effect with v-vocal that comes bundled with sonar. the effect i'm talking about is the one i first heard in cher's voice in that song 'do you believe'. i still remember r-tek said "i'm overjoyed that cher finally found techno" lol. of course now it's the most overused effect in pop music. i've even heard it used in a country western vocal while i was in a bar not long ago.  

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 26 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)