aaa The Ultimate 303 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: The Ultimate 303

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 14-May-99  @  11:34 PM   -   The Ultimate 303

jcu3

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I think we should take all of our knowledge about synths and gear and make the Ultimate 303. Between me, Pedecelli, Blue, Rezo, Planetalgone, Technicion, Kilo, (sorry if i forgot anyone else hardcore)we could design the Ultimate 303! I say keep it silver still. That way it looks spacey and futuristic. Implement, MIDI of course and Sync, for the older droids. An input to the filter(s)for sure. Oh yea, definately with blue LED's... C'mon what else????? Any other wicked ideas for this? I'm lit on this posting... What else can we execute on this beast?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/27             22-May-99  @  07:47 PM   -   RE: The Ultimate 303

planet

It's funny you should say it sounds like plastic because I spend many hours trying to get my Virus to sound like plastic. Anyone had hands on yet with the Future Retro? Hey a US distributor! Hell man it's got suboscillators, switchable 3/7 poles, resonance maximum (great idea), filter input, and a sequencer with accents so it must do something cool...Anyone else?

Message 22/27             22-May-99  @  09:19 PM   -   RE: The Ultimate 303

jcu3

Planet, after reading some of your postings I have a question for you or anyone else.

OK, what would you rather have? the latest and greatist or the classic stuff?

Option 1 :

Take for instance the FR-777 and the Jomax 909 drum machine clone. Those too things seem really"musical" and have tons of features, more MIDI implemantation, more options, same reliableness, sonically they have more of a range.

Or option 2 :

Or just your calssic mint condition TB-303 and TR-909?

For me theres no hesitation, with the old true analogs their soo many things one can do. ( with a fuck load of efx and filters ofcourse)

What's your opinion Planet?

Message 23/27             23-May-99  @  05:21 AM   -   RE: The Ultimate 303

planet

Well, I respect your faithfulness to the old classics. There's nothing better than the originals for the fluid warmth and punch. Yet if I listen to these old guys over and over, my ears get bored and really want something more. I mostly use the X0X drums for sweetening acoustic loops. Drop the needle - pft..crackle..BOOf-TS-BOOf-KRACK. I get the thing so booming in the end that there's no going back to the simple "undertones" as I would call them. Then there's the 303. It's usually where I start but I'm always hitting dead ends and walls with it. Eventually I'll come up with six or seven variations and mostly end up using Nord or Virus lines. Like you, I've heard some incredible things done with the 303. Pure genius. But heck it's just one thing and there's a whole world of sound out there. If I had to chose between the two options you gave then I'd certainly get the Jomox. That thing pounds. If the 777 is as good as its supposed to be then you betcha. More MIDI. More Control. Journey into the undiscoved scorcery of sound.

....I wish that we could manipulate modern dance music as patterns of light. In mid air, at will, at any time perhaps. Unbounded by metal boxes, disk drives, and patch cables. No dark rooms. No dust. Why do I need so much stuff to satisfy myself? I guess because it looks so fucking cool. Knobs, wood, and pulsating lights. Geez I must be dreaming.

If you could create an instrument that was of your world. Impossible perhaps in it's method, but perfect in its purpose to YOU, what would it be like? Forget all the plastic, lights, VCO's, filters and knobs. This is science fiction I'm talking about.

Message 24/27             23-May-99  @  05:44 AM   -   RE: The Ultimate 303

A TB-303 with Blue LED's...

(shhhhh...(whispering) it's getting done as we speak)

Message 25/27             23-May-99  @  02:42 PM   -   RE: The Ultimate 303

jcu3

I would like to have a robot like in the Computer Love video that is locked up to MIDI or the 303 controls. It would body pop and just "control everything you see and hear" with 16 big screen projections all sync'd up to the 16 steps on your Xox. That would be cool, if were talking fantasy.

p.s. That was my post above too.

Message 26/27             24-May-99  @  05:00 AM   -   RE: The Ultimate 303

planet

Me, I'd like to be nude and pushed into a green glowing electric jelly. A womb for which to think and think and think until my head got so full of 303 sequences that my brain would condense and fold inward like a black hole. From outside of my glowing egg would run huge pipes twisting and tossing like tentacles of wet greyish skin. These would be my naural pathways to millions of other eggs containing other "black hole heads". We would be one gigantic collective of infinitely huge innerspaces containing sound and lazer shows the size of supernovas. Sound so loud that it flared into huge blinding shock waves at every beat, pushing and consuming everything in its path. Synthetic oscillations visable as immense growing balls of fire. Colors and patterns shifting in perfect sync with every thought of my 303.

This might suit my needs.

Message 27/27             25-May-99  @  09:06 AM   -   RE: The Ultimate 303

skot_e

Hmmmn .... very interesting....

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 27 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)