aaa bedroom monitors - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: bedroom monitors

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 28-Nov-02  @  01:01 AM   -   bedroom monitors

Stuff

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I'm very close to buy some studio monitors (tired of mixing with the headphones :-). Is the YAMAHA MSP5 a good choice?? (caus' they are pretty cheap.. aren't they?) Or have you dancetech users find any another studio monitors (not in the GENELEC 1030 price-class) that kicks more ass than YAMAHA's MSP5??

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/27             19-Dec-02  @  02:59 PM   -   RE: bedroom monitors

knowa

listen rosebud, it's called irony ;p a dude at rogue music also recommended the KRK's to me, so influx is not the only one. but you should probably just get the most expensive monitors you can possibly afford so you'll be really motivated to like them. or really cheap crappy ones, so you'll always have an excuse.

Message 22/27             19-Dec-02  @  05:35 PM   -   RE: bedroom monitors

psylichon

Link?: Link

"just get the most expensive [xxxx] you can possibly afford so you'll be really motivated to like them. or really cheap crappy ones, so you'll always have an excuse. "

lol! I'm using that one!

psy

Message 23/27             19-Dec-02  @  05:50 PM   -   RE: bedroom monitors

milan

me too ;)

Message 24/27             24-Dec-02  @  04:40 AM   -   RE: bedroom monitors

Pongoid

http://www.ddaudio.com/

You just might want to talk to these folks too. I've seen their stuff at some pretty serious high end studios and they don't cost a mint. Nice folks too. Some of their stuff is out of hand. The 9900 series sub....OMG!!!!!! anyhoos, the m6's are very nice.

Ape

Message 25/27             24-Dec-02  @  06:10 AM   -   RE: bedroom monitors

influx

heh, knowa

I have KRK V6s and aside from some dodgy connection in one and a GOD DAMN GROUND FARKING HUM from my stupid darn MAM rack mixer they sound really realy really good for what they are

honestly Im amazed at how well I can go from these to pretty much any system and have it all sound like its supposed to (minor tuneups aside, of course)

Message 26/27             30-Dec-02  @  10:53 PM   -   RE: bedroom monitors

knowa

yeah I still don't have any decent speakers b/c INS lost my wife's application and we needed to hire a lawyer and therefore I will devour the entire universe.

but I will definitely check out the V6's before I buy something else ;p

Message 27/27             31-Dec-02  @  02:22 AM   -   RE: bedroom monitors

Def Z

Link?:  No link

And the HR624's, right? ;-)

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 27 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)