aaa JV1080 - is this a kewl pro synth or what? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: JV1080 - is this a kewl pro synth or what?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 01-Jan-98  @  10:41 AM   -   JV1080 - is this a kewl pro synth or what?

THE poorass

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

yo kilo, ive heard testimonies of this module... i hear there is a techno/dance expansion pack that is supposed to rock. Does this synth give the k2500rs a shake? Is it pro material? A piece of shit? Thanks.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/27             02-Feb-98  @  03:26 AM   -   RE: JV1080 - is this a kewl pro synth or what?

chaz10-6

The 1080 is the shit!!! i've programed some of the coolest moog and juno type sounds for it. Like any piece on the market, you have to get inside of the unit and pull what you want out of it.
But if your looking for the machine to to beat the shit out of all the comp than wait until april for the Yamaha EX5!!! I just saw it at the Namm show in L.A. this was the talk of the show.
Check the specs: 128 note poly Sampler, AWM synth, mono VL synth (which has the most realistic wind instrument sounds on the market. with a wind controller you would be hard pressed to tell the sound of this synth from the real thing!!!), duo phonic AN synth, That's right two voices of the AN1X, and the analog emulation is the best i've heard, 16 track sequencer, and the list goes on and on...... This synth list for $2500 us. This synth kicks the K2500 and the Emu Esynth all in the ass.
This machine is the shit bar none.

Message 22/27             03-Feb-98  @  12:42 PM   -   RE: JV1080 - is this a kewl pro synth or what?

THE poorass

oh no... As soon as i step into the keyboard store to wad my cash, chaz turns up, trying his best to create some controversy.

"This synth kicks the K2500 and the Emu Esynth all in the ass. This machine
is the shit bar none."

Thats a suicide statement, so ill leave it up to you guyz to straighten him out... If he's wrong......

Message 23/27             03-Feb-98  @  02:37 PM   -   RE: JV1080 - is this a kewl pro synth or what?

kilo

well, my personal philosophy, is buy seperates....cos every synth jhas it's own chracter....yes.....you CAN do a track with a workstation...no worries..but they seem to all have their own 'sound'......howver, on certain budgets. the combo unit offers alot fot your buck....I dunno.......

Message 24/27             10-Feb-98  @  12:18 PM   -   RE: JV1080 - is this a kewl pro synth or what?

djnitro

I say if you can get it for fairly cheap, go for it... It's confusing as all hell at first, but once you get rolling, it's no sweat. Esp. if you want pads, the JV has them by the score. There's also two LFO's that you can sync to anything. The bass this thing kicks out is nice as well... the only thing about it, is there's only one effects processor. (any or all of the instruments can use the effect, but only one effect can be used at a time in addition to chorus and reverb.) hope this helped.

Message 25/27             10-Feb-98  @  02:48 PM   -   RE: JV1080 - is this a kewl pro synth or what?

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

I told you he was a gay prostitute!!!

Message 26/27             10-Feb-98  @  10:46 PM   -   RE: JV1080 - is this a kewl pro synth or what?

Hey poorass, I have a k2500 and my studio mate has the Esynth, we both agreed after sitting up with the Yamaha ex5 for about two hours at the NAMM show, that it is way cooler than either of our synths. The sounds are the shit plus it's so easy to program (thanks to the six rotary knobs it has) and the sequencer (even though it's only sixteen track) is one of the tightest we've heard, and we have the mpc 3000 and the 2000. This synth is the shit!!!!! just remember I told you after you go and fuck your money off on a k25999 " you could have had a much more versitale, better sounding synth/sampler for about half the cost. Here's how much I dig this machine, I'm selling my 2500 to get it plus i'll have a gang of cash left over. Techno, hip hop, whatever, this machine can do it all
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 27/27             16-Feb-98  @  09:07 AM   -   RE: JV1080 - is this a kewl pro synth or what?

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

hmm, passed that booth when I was there, din't see no idjits widdling away with the knobs screaming in techno delight; must've just missed you ;)

I've got a friend at Yamaha who was on the design team for the VL's, MU's, and the CS, and according to him the VL, AN, and special FX voices can't be used simultaneously, though too many lead voices'll muddy up the mix anyway. The module lists for $2200 ($200 more than an a3000), and they'll have a free s/w editor.

Unfortunately, Yamaha is still getting their ass kicked by Akai in America, so show much love. Kilo's rationale on separates is good, I go by it as well, but in this case there's 3 very different dsp sections, 1 for XG, 1 for the sampler, and 1 for VL/AN/SFX, so it's basically 3 different synths, at least moreso than with a k2, JV-, the Supernova, or anything else. 'n when you upgrade it, everything gets better.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 27 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)