aaa Esi-2000 - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

17-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Esi-2000

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 25-Feb-00  @  01:18 PM   -   Esi-2000

Ison

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I am waiting for this shiny new unit to arrive from Germany.
But i need some info.
Is this basically the same as the 4000 but with a different paintjob?
And if so is it at all possible to remove the floppy and install a Zip or even Jaz drive in its place?
The Esi-4000 turbo Zip obviously had this but was it just a different drive adding to the cost of the basic model or were there additional software drivers that the standard version did not have?
And Simms specifically low profile to allow effects card.
Where does one buy these if in UK?
And one last question:Can i find a suitable enclosure for say an internal Zip/Jaz and Cd player/Rewriter and hard drive?
This would enable all the storage devices to sit comfortably under the rack preferably on castors.
A pc enclosure is out of the question as they are way to bulky.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/28             11-Mar-00  @  06:21 PM   -   RE: Esi-2000

R-Tek

Link?:  No link

well fuck me if the MKS80 isn`t only 1 part - bollox 2 that, Q (rack) it is then.

Message 22/28             13-Mar-00  @  03:48 PM   -   RE: Esi-2000

vctribe

just so you guys know, the esi series cannot load its OS from floppy like the EOS seies can, it has no flash ROM for the OS. with the esi series you must physically replace the ROM with a new one from EMU that you paid $99 for. i do believe that the ROM chips are compatible across the esi series (32, 4000, 2000).

Message 23/28             13-Mar-00  @  04:47 PM   -   RE: Esi-2000

Ison

That is good news VCTRIBE.
I was a little concerned that i would be importing a floppy which customs would probably X-Ray and destroy.

Message 24/28             14-Mar-00  @  12:10 AM   -   RE: Esi-2000

forcemajuere

i have an esi-32 which i have had for 2 years now.when i bought it the the os was 2.0.1. i had a problem backing up to my zip. i called emu and the sent me 3.0.2 FREE. it was 2 small ROM chips. it was VERY EASY to install these.Is it possible to install 4.0 in to an esi-32?

Message 25/28             14-Mar-00  @  02:28 AM   -   RE: Esi-2000

forcemajuere

i have an esi-32 which i have had for 2 years now.when i bought it the the os was 2.0.1. i had a problem backing up to my zip. i called emu and the sent me 3.0.2 FREE. it was 2 small ROM chips. it was VERY EASY to install these.Is it possible to install 4.0 in to an esi-32?

Message 26/28             14-Mar-00  @  07:53 AM   -   RE: Esi-2000

Ison

Force Majuere,
Owning an Esi-32 i have a question for you:
I notice that the headphone output does not allow monitor through either in the setup or during sampling i have this function switched on and the main outputs output alright so is it normal not to output at the headphones during this proceedure?
Which Emu HQ did you phone for Free 3.2?

Message 27/28             27-Mar-00  @  06:37 AM   -   RE: Esi-2000

krud

Link?: Link

hey i've got the esi-2000 and i built an external HD with a quantum xp34550 fitted in an enclosure. only some drives are compatible and i think that one may be the largest (4.3G) i bought 64M of hitachi memory and it only recognized it as 16M. i would recommend only buying memory from the place that they recommend on the emu website. and check the drive compatibility list too. the floppy is scsi and i'll bet you could hook up a jaz drive, but i'm not sure about the cabling on those. i have a couple extra OS ROM's (i think it's 3.02) that were in my esi-2000 when i bought it about a month ago, but i got the turbo upgrade with new roms which i'm not sure i even needed, but i'm not using em and they're new. oh and yes you can use your pc's zip drive you just need to put the esi file system on the zip disk that you want to use for esi storage. you don't actually format them though. you go to the format function and then press 8 or something- check the manual it's in there somewhere.

Message 28/28             27-Mar-00  @  03:50 PM   -   RE: Esi-2000

Ison

Well my HD is a 6.4 Gb Quantum.
But i ordered this along with memory from Syntec.
The only problem was the Harddrive/Cdrom/Zip drive unit arrived geared up for 115Volts.
I assumed this was simply an automatic switching power supply.
So i plugged it in was briefly reassured by the sound of the Hard Drive whirring.
But then the big blue flash from the rear(never a good sign)gave me other ideas.
Upon opening and removing the power supply unit i find the Voltage selector switch on the side of the psu next to the inside of the units chassis.
Completely invisible with normal use.
Of course the fuse had blown in th Psu but it just happened to be completely innacessable.
But i fixed it up in the end.
Memory worked first time without problems.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 28 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)