aaa Help Supernova Info? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Help Supernova Info?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 04-Sep-98  @  06:16 AM   -   Help Supernova Info?

hihowareya

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I cant call long distance. My phone service does not have one so I need to ask here. What is the going rate for the Supernova in the United States. The last I heard is that the Supernova is around $2400-$3000 but in what curency? I hope that isnt the price for the American Supernova's. I want one and I dont get that much money. Since your other products were good I hear and cheap $400-$700 price range hear in the US I hope the Supernova is at a good competitive price as well. BTW Can you put more Real Audio demo's of the Supernova up please. I like that Trancy track. Was that done using only the Supernova? If then than that is somthing.

I live in California and I was wondering who and were I can go to see the Supernova here? Thanks and later

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/28             02-Oct-98  @  07:00 AM   -   RE: Help Supernova Info?

sdrouin

Phil,

I am not a musician but having worked 20 years in computers (software and hardware) and with heavily 3D graphic and parallel intensive applications, I tested the SuperNova and this is a fantastic machine properly synchronized in all senses (a lot of your time writing the OS must have been spent on synchronization problems!!!!)...I am currently based in Malaysia but will buy one as soon as I am back in Canada or Europe...

Great work!!!!!!

Message 22/28             06-Oct-98  @  01:23 AM   -   RE: Help Supernova Info?

peterkadar

At first I was frustrated that that guy was kind of bashing the snv, and novation in general. However, I can sort of see his point.

The thing is, there are already a ton of cheaper analog modelling synths on the market, like the an1x, which is a good machine. The snv, on the other hand, is a very high end phat bastard of a synth, and i think it will go down in history along the same lines as the high end Oberheim stuff from the 80's. Personally, for what it does, and the expandability of the unit, if they were available in Canada, I'd be the first in line for one.( if I had the cash at the time.)

It's expensive, but feature for feature, it beats all the other shit that's out there. If they designed something to compete for the an1x, then it wouldn't be all that innovative, would it?

I really like what Yamaha has done with the ex5, and Korg with the wavestaion, and more recently, the Z1, but I think that for analog, the snv is the undisputed heavyweight champion. I like a lot of the Roland stuff too, but I'll wait for the snv and the cash to buy it.

Message 23/28             06-Oct-98  @  11:02 AM   -   RE: Help Supernova Info?

Mickey

Agreed. Another point, which is often overlooked: Support! IMHO within the big players Novation has the best customer support which definately should gain weight in the buyers' decision.

Just look at this forum...

Mickey.

Message 24/28             06-Oct-98  @  03:56 PM   -   RE: Help Supernova Info?

peterkadar

Yeah, what he just said!

Message 25/28             15-Oct-98  @  10:36 AM   -   RE: Help Supernova Info?

TBFRAK

Why doesnt the drumstation
sync properly. When using the roland din sync.

Message 26/28             15-Oct-98  @  11:34 AM   -   RE: Help Supernova Info?

Phill

Please check the software OS of the Drumstation by Pressing and Holding Down the Audition Button when Powering up. The display will show a 2 figure number. If your Drumstation has anything less than 13 you have an old OS. This should be upgraded to 13 OS. Please check and advise

Phill@Novation

Message 27/28             16-Oct-98  @  06:28 PM   -   RE: Help Supernova Info?

dontgive

TO THE GUY THAT CANT AFFORD IT.......

Your use of the english language and your constant need to swear indicates that you are probably the kind of person who would be happy to burgle someones house and nick one...

So why dont you 1) Stop moaning... 2) Learn to read and write... 3) Go and get a decent job....

Message 28/28             17-Oct-98  @  01:14 PM   -   RE: Help Supernova Info?

dontgive

TO THE GUY THAT CANT AFFORD IT.......

Your use of the english language and your constant need to swear indicates that you are probably the kind of person who would be happy to burgle someones house and nick one...

So why dont you 1) Stop moaning... 2) Learn to read and write... 3) Go and get a decent job....

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 28 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)