aaa Struggling poor artist needs help - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Struggling poor artist needs help

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 31-Jul-97  @  09:50 AM   -   Struggling poor artist needs help

FUTILITY9

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I am a dirt poor electronic musician who has
really been struggling with a lack of resources,
and attempting to make dance music regardless.
I have been stealing drumbeats off CDs, sampling them with my shitty SB16 Wavestudio
program, and looping them. I have NO (well, maybe a couple dollars - I'm stateside) money for synths or REAL samplers, so I've been mutating my guitar rig with mindblowing amounts of effects, thus simulating dozens of different instrument sounds. Though this is a cool approach up to a point (and I'm much better at guitar than actual keyboard technique - though I can program suprisingly well with inferior shit programs), but I feel the real need for more tools. I'm pretty sick of recording all my music as .wav files and having them turn to mud, so any tips on .wav manipulation, e.q.ing, or free software - or how I could get a usable virtual synth for pretty cheap - I know that there are hundreds of other things I'd like to ask, but I'll post again. Being a musician with unlimited vision and very limited resources is a tragedy. Any help that you could give me would be EXTREMELY appreciated!! Anyone who is reading this and has ANYTHING to say should respond and/or Email me. Help and contacts with fellow devotees of my chosen musical genre (DANCE) would be an invaluble resource. Well, I've said enough. As I said, I'll post again, so - thanks!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/28             18-Aug-97  @  12:40 PM   -   RE: Struggling poor artist needs help

kilo

no.....UK sterling..........

Message 22/28             19-Aug-97  @  09:07 AM   -   RE: Struggling poor artist needs help

giraff

I want VAZ and CoolEdit but the Santa didn't tell me where to get
it! So...why don't you! No really, I'm not kidding. Hey!
HEY! WHERE'YA GOING! NO! NOOOOOO...COME BACK!

Message 23/28             20-Aug-97  @  04:19 PM   -   RE: Struggling poor artist needs help

beller

Just got a SeaGate 2.1G for US$189. That's in Chicago,
BTW.
Only problem is that when I re-installed CakeWalk onto
the new drive, I didn't transfer the wave data folder
over to it. Long story short- I lost all the audio data
for this big composition I was doing, and a few little
loops. Well, it needed a remix anyways...!
Being a poor, struggling artist sucks, especially when
you space out and forget to transfer your wave data
folder.

Pieces,
B-rad

Message 24/28             22-Aug-97  @  02:51 PM   -   RE: Struggling poor artist needs help

sedusa66

!
Just found out that the site works with intershit explorer, and I'm back! I'm going crazy on all this free shit I find on the web... I'm setting up a webpage as we speak (hehe)... The amount of free resources online is truly staggering... Damn, man, I got 2 Five Gig Harddrives for free! (I have a family member who works in the computer industry) So Hardware like that is no problem (though one of my drives is almost full with audio files) Software and music related hardware is the problem - That shit isn't just lying around peoples' work. I checked out Rebirth, and though it seems like a neat program, It just AINT worth the price! It's sad that Bram Bos has signed with Steinburg... I was hoping for some more cool freeware programs from that direction - Hammerhead is SUCH a great program... and for free! Anyways, I've said enough for right now, so L8er!

Message 25/28             22-Aug-97  @  02:54 PM   -   RE: Struggling poor artist needs help

sedusa

Link?:  Link

Also, Luthai - I'd like to send you an Email... What is your current address? Aol doesn't seem to recognize your SN.

Message 26/28             22-Aug-97  @  05:42 PM   -   RE: Struggling poor artist needs help

kilo

Beller mate........did you get rid of the old drive ?.......like surely now you have the original drive, and the new drive ?.......if you still have the old drive, then cakewalk should still be on it.....You can access more than 1 wavedata folder, there is a section in the cakewalk setup, where you define the location of the wavedata folder that you want to read from

Message 27/28             22-Aug-97  @  06:39 PM   -   RE: Struggling poor artist needs help

beller

Kilo-

Yes dread- still got the original drive up in here,
HOWEVER, for some reason I forget now, I DELETED the old
version of Cakewalk I had on there...S%^&T! Just a
little too eager to conserve hard-disk space I guess.
Already re-created and made-better everything I needed
to though.
As seen on tv,
B-Rad

Message 28/28             12-Sep-97  @  10:08 AM   -   RE: Struggling poor artist needs help

LuThai

sedusa, I'll be posting a new e-mail address soon. AOL SUCKS and I want to make a PHAT-ASS web page so I'm loking into Local ISP's with lot's of web space.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 28 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)