aaa RB-338 & the Roland MCR-8 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: RB-338 & the Roland MCR-8

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 15-May-98  @  05:39 PM   -   RB-338 & the Roland MCR-8

pedicelli

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Unless you can get a TB-303 for cheap, forget about it. If you want that 303 sound and feel, get Rebirth v1.5 (or higher) and buy a Roland MCR-8. The MCR-8 is a MIDI controller which can plug into your joystick port of your sound card (MIDI IN), It has 8 knobs and 8 sliders, both with dual function (so in essance you have 16 knobs and sliders, so if you really wanna get crazy, you can have 4 TB-303's).

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/29             23-Sep-98  @  08:48 PM   -   RE: RB-338 & the Roland MCR-8

cyborg0

I believe that it is a fairly easy job to replace the pc1600 sliders with knobs if it means that much to ya!  ~
Jeezus!!

Message 22/29             23-Sep-98  @  11:46 PM   -   RE: RB-338 & the Roland MCR-8

pedicelli

You need no additional hardware, only a MIDI IN on your soundcard (usually the joystick port). Then you'll need a virtual MIDI device to get the LBI and LB2 channels. You'll also need Saynomore's MIDI translator. See my webpage for more details:

http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Museum/3068/smek.htm

Message 23/29             26-Sep-98  @  01:49 PM   -   RE: RB-338 & the Roland MCR-8

cjr

is ther a crack for rebirth 1.5 demo yet?

Message 24/29             26-Sep-98  @  03:25 PM   -   RE: RB-338 & the Roland MCR-8

There was one ten million years ago.

Message 25/29             27-Sep-98  @  12:02 AM   -   RE: RB-338 & the Roland MCR-8

x2c4nrg

Shit, theres already a crack for the 2.0 version.

Message 26/29             28-Sep-98  @  03:00 AM   -   RE: RB-338 & the Roland MCR-8

Hidrah

Man, don't go for a crack or some lame ass shit like that. The guys at propellerheads are geniuses and work their asses off to try and make a living by making wicked ass software such as this. Instead of ripping them off why don't we support them, so we can get more cheap alternatives to buying very expensive analogue shit that really can do very little. I just hope that once you get your crack, when you have to distribute your music illegaly because you didn't recieve a funky looking box and cd and a serial number to allow you to post and distribute your songs, that some punk ass kids go and make 30 boot leg copies of your tracks, and sell them for themselves and make themselves a tidy profit where you get royally screwed, and end up losing more money than if you were to fork up some dough which is really not that much for what you get, plus great support, upgrades, and ability to load your own sounds. Have a nice day  

by the way, to people who know about the phatboy and
MCR-8, just a small question. I know I will catch shit for even mentioning the phatboy, as the MCR-8 is infinitely superior  but are the controls on the phatboy set and cannot be changed or remapped? cause I notied there is no control for modulation, which is a pretty big deal when using ReBirth, as that is an essential control, among also theres no control for tune, and changing between sawtooth and square waves. Any insight on this would be appreciated. Thanx,
Rhett

Message 27/29             28-Sep-98  @  09:04 AM   -   RE: RB-338 & the Roland MCR-8

asia006

can anybody email me a site where i could download a version of the rb 2.0 for macintosh? thanks. sam.

Message 28/29             28-Sep-98  @  10:33 AM   -   RE: RB-338 & the Roland MCR-8

melon

An (expensive) alternative to the PhatBoy or the MCR-8 would be an Access Virus (or is that considered blasphemy on this page?). You would be able to control all those RB338 parameters with the Virus knobs and you would have all those pretty good Virus sounds into the bargain. Certainly cheaper than buying a 909, 808 and 2 303s.

Message 29/29             28-Sep-98  @  10:38 PM   -   RE: RB-338 & the Roland MCR-8

pedicelli

Mentioning Phatboy on this page blasphemy? Ya damn straight!!!   I'll just rip my hair out right now......Ya, the Phatboy can be programmed for anything....the labeling has jerk all to do with it....but again, the MCR-8 kicks ass. For more info, as I've always been mentioning, check out my site, it's the last topic:

http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Museum/3068/smek.htm

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 29 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)