aaa My TR-909 is a piece of crap!!!!! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: My TR-909 is a piece of crap!!!!!

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 03-May-99  @  11:51 PM   -   My TR-909 is a piece of crap!!!!!

jcu3

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

My TR-909 is a piece of crap!!!!! that is compared to my Korg ER-1. I can't say enough about this kick ass box. The kick actually is as good or better than the Roland. It's quiter, cheaper, smaller, better looking(not as good as me of course), easier to program...fuck! what else can I say? It's fucking awesome. My Alesis Monitor One's just sit there and wig out. I love the output. It's so fucking hot, hot,hot. Not like some of the boxes I've owned in the past like the MC-303 and the Yamaha CS1x.....really, quite and noisy. The ER-1's output is really strong. 909 emulation is right up there. 808 is pretty ok. But the as far as the Korg EA-1 goes: huge piece of crap. It is really awful. Sad presets, plasticy voices, fucked up interface. You can't scroll through voices and then start programming. You have to go into a factory pattern and modify the voices and then write. Pretty gay... It does have some Prophecy sounds that are nice. Other than, I'd say save your hard earned dough. I took that EA-1 back the first week. As far as my TR-909 goes...........goodbye! trading time boys.............

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/29             08-May-99  @  12:31 AM   -   RE: My TR-909 is a piece of crap!!!!!

looks like we are back to the same old routine of getting flamed by mr no-name.....

Message 22/29             08-May-99  @  01:15 AM   -   RE: My TR-909 is a piece of crap!!!!!

jcu3

I can see that. But you should of atleast left yours if you gonna comment on people not leaving "their" names...hehehe

Disclaimer:  

Message 23/29             10-May-99  @  06:31 AM   -   RE: My TR-909 is a piece of crap!!!!!

Sorry, that was just my {twitch} other personality replying {twitch, twitch} to myself again.

Message 24/29             10-May-99  @  06:33 AM   -   RE: My TR-909 is a piece of crap!!!!!

Sorry, that was just my {twitch} other personality replying {twitch, twitch} to myself again.

Message 25/29             10-May-99  @  07:20 AM   -   RE: My TR-909 is a piece of crap!!!!!

jcu3

:-) that's 2 funny..bro (twitch)

Message 26/29             10-May-99  @  05:44 PM   -   RE: My TR-909 is a piece of crap!!!!!

phun phactoriea

YO YO YO!

I can't get a bottom end on my 909! I've tried compressing it noise gate, effects every thing on an Allen & Heath board. I'm dieing over here. When I do get it loud with out distortion all of the other faders are way down on the mixing desk. I've been told to gate the shit out of the kick and then find the kick in the mix,but when I go down to tape, the kick is soft and sometimes buried in the mix. If anyone listens to any x-tracks or drum codes esp any adam beyer, cari lekenbusch mixes thats the kick I'm trying to get!

thanks

PHUNK

Message 27/29             10-May-99  @  07:52 PM   -   RE: My TR-909 is a piece of crap!!!!!

jcu3

I know man, same here. That shit boggles me too. Your 909 is probably having a bad day. On occasion my 303 kind of turns into a chick and is moody as fuck, I can't get any good sounds out of em. Not too sure what to say about the gating thing. Try some filtering with no resonation and a little eq, and with a little decay on some reverb with a fast attack. Soemtimes shit like that works, soemtimes it doesn't. Experiment and have fun most importantly. Just be a little mad scientist and tweak-tweak-tweak, and tweak some more. But just keep in mind that those boxes can turn into little bitches. So Keep at it.

Message 28/29             10-May-99  @  09:13 PM   -   RE: My TR-909 is a piece of crap!!!!!

PHUN PHACTORIA

I don't think it's the reverb, 'cause the high-end I feel takes away the from the punch. I love a nice reverb on the 303, it turns the piece into a sexy-FOX. I'll find the kick, it's just sitting in the lab concockting different variations of out board gear till I find it

Message 29/29             11-May-99  @  12:17 AM   -   RE: My TR-909 is a piece of crap!!!!!

planetalgon

When programming low end sounds, I use a spectrum analyzer to see where the sound is in frequency and how it moves over time. This method is VERY effective. Your instruments are sounding awful sometimes. I don't think its the way they actually sound from day to day but the way you feel from day to day. So concious I am of this effect that I can tell when I wake up if I should stay out of the studio. But you see, the analyzer doesn't lie. Even if it sounds like shit, you know what it should look like. You can put someone elses mix into the analyzer and observe what you want your stuff to sound like and just tweek away with eyes and ears. This way of working has tought me alot about getting the low end right, compressing, isolating sounds to specific frequencies, layering and and the list goes on. If you do get one, make sure you get one with LOTS of bands. I've got 31 stereo. Good luck.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 29 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)