aaa LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!! - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 07-May-01  @  02:19 PM   -   LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

breakerbox

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Ok, I finally got a net connection in my apartment, so i just uploaded my tracks, i think they suck...I uploaded them so you guys feel better... so whatchya think?

Click on my name to get to my artist page on dancetech...

And Kilo! You should put "Soundtrack" and "absolute crap" in the genre section, cause most of my stuff would be filed under those 2...
*i really don't think my tracks r that bad, but this is the first time asking for people to listen to them... Comments welcome.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/29             08-May-01  @  10:40 AM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

breakerbox

I have been visiting the dancetech over 2 years, and most of the time, i really dig your comments, coz you r straight up, and i really dig your music too, influx... And i am not trying to suck up...really...
I heard the 14th floor on mp3.com you are influx1 on mp3.com, right?

I live in US but I am not from here, I came here to go to college, 3 years ago, i learned english when i was 12 but didn't really put it to practice till i came here.

Did you guys hear survivor by destiny's child, one part they sing " i am not gonna diss you on the internet, my moma taught me better than that"
doesnt have anything to do with anything, but i just heard it, its kinda funny...

thanks

Message 22/29             08-May-01  @  07:50 PM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

influx

yeah, thats me. but I have a lot more tracks up there than that one!

sorry dont know any destinys child lyrics. all I know is that one of em has a nice ass. thats about all theyre worth to me

Message 23/29             09-May-01  @  12:20 AM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

breakerbox

I listened to all of your stuff on mp3.com
it s good stuff.

Message 24/29             09-May-01  @  12:40 AM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

influx

ok so yeah...

I listened to 'level 22 dork'

aside from the fact that its apparently only a partial idea..whats wrong with it? drums are LOUD and big, which I like a lot. Id have done a little more programming..ghost snares, some delays maybe, but...nice and dark and ominous

Ill check out some more later

Message 25/29             09-May-01  @  12:54 AM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

funky_ol_shit

Chek dis spellin;)
i like Swing no 9, nice!
do u dig elite force?
i hope it 4 twenty, cus i just luv happy endins 

Message 26/29             09-May-01  @  04:57 AM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

breakerbox

The reason songs are so undercevoloped like level22dork is i was making it with the reason demo so i can make it until the my pc crashes, or i leave the house/sleep and the pc goes to sleep and never wakes up... But i am getting the full version soon....

Do you have any tips about drum compression?
What i do most time is compress everything except the kick together and put the kick on seperate channel... should i try to compress the kick too, i cant get the drums crisp with enough low end...

So any tips?

Message 27/29             09-May-01  @  07:02 AM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

psylichon

Link?: Link

I like to compress all my rhythm tracks together. Kick, snare, hats, cymbals, bass, 808 drops... all bussed to a channel and compressed (slow attack, fast release if you want it to pump). If you feel you can't get enough low end, you're probably mixing all your tracks too loud. Pull your other tracks down and give yourself some digital headroom. Just start with the drums and work the other tracks in around them (they are the focus of your mix, right?) Also, when you EQ, try to pull down frequencies you don't want and boost the whole track instead of just pushing up 80 Hz to get your kick. When you boost stuff in EQ, you lose a lot of headroom quickly and your track just won't slam. I'm not saying you've made such mistakes (hard to judge a mix at 24kb/s), but they're common in desktop production, so keep them in mind.

As for your tracks, I think they sound pretty good! I obviously can't speak with authority without hearing them in full fidelity, but they sound like they survived the lo-fi transition pretty well, which means your mix isn't too far off the mark at all.

Goodnight Wendy is nice and moody. Nice bell tones.... Drums in Level 22 sound right on the mark. And Take6... well, that's my cup of tea, man! Truly out there... but with intent. I said this in another post referring to someone else's music, but it reminds me of Mouse on Mars... check them out if you haven't already. I really enjoyed that one... Nice sound mangling, dood!

psylichon

p.s.- I finally put some tracks up in my profile that I actually think are quite good and that you all will enjoy listening from beginning to end! I think you'll enjoy writing comments about them, too ... At no time in writing or posting these songs did I think I sucked!

Message 28/29             09-May-01  @  11:11 AM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

breakerbox

Hey, thanks for the tips...
I just lisetened to your stuff psylichon , i reaally dig the philly ambient, It sounds like its gonna lead to something bigger, like more drums, or thats what i expected at the end...your mix sounds so much better then mine... nice drums on imsonia, it reminds me of dj shadow remixed enigma...

Message 29/29             09-May-01  @  11:12 AM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

breakerbox

well... dj shadow never remixed enigma, but if he did...

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 29 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)