aaa Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 28-Nov-01  @  07:09 AM   -   Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks

brad

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Yulp, me & marianimal finally got our demo CD done! It's 7 all live tracks- recorded here in the SF Bay area at the Hush Hush Lounge, Light, and er, my basement! The demo is just somefin to give to promoters, club owners, etc. Yes, yes, please do laugh at the headshot ;-)

Anyway this track is called 'Cannot Repeat.' Say what you want about the track, but don't bother mentioning EQ/levels/mastering, etc- it's recorded live! Bassline is real subby and got mostly lost in the encoding- hey turn it up for me on your stereo willya?

First in a series...cheers for listening if you do.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/29             30-Nov-01  @  11:30 AM   -   RE: Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks

xoxos

Link?: Link

you could always send me the midi file bedwyr  

Message 22/29             03-Dec-01  @  02:45 AM   -   RE: Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks

brad

OK now that things btwn influx&xoxos have cooled off, I just put up "Love Radical." I think you'll be pleasantly suprised if you like hip-hop beats, slap bass, and out-of-contol synth solos.

This was recorded live in San Francisco. I was not wearing underwear that nite and I think it really helped...oops nevermind, sorry. Just check out the track if ya got a minute.

Message 23/29             03-Dec-01  @  10:34 AM   -   RE: Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks

xoxos

fucking brad. that is one sweet synth solo guys!

see if you can get one of those nice pleated catholic school girl skirts. that's really good for live. oh and try looking in a thrift store or something.. it doesn't need to be one that's on the girl.

Message 24/29             03-Dec-01  @  12:42 PM   -   RE: Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks

bedwyr

love the mad synth, not so keen on the staccato rhythm, i'm hanging for double time hihat, not all the time just in bits   like the sparse mix, i would have been too tempted to use a pad to fill it out. hey, maybe make the rhythm as mad as the synth, just a thought (make the rhythm as mad as the mad synth so it doesn't seem so out of place) (can i say mad some more? mad mad) been said before - marian, your vocal is well anglo/folk? juxtaposition (big word) with hard/mad rhythm/sounds would work imho

one thing i don't like (sorry) is the timestretching outro   it does work with the staccato rhythm though, like the rhythm always sounds like it's slowing down, in a good way. keep it up!

Message 25/29             03-Dec-01  @  06:02 PM   -   RE: Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks

sitar

Love Radical, nice funky beat. Didn't quite get the arpsynth that came in just before 2:00. Sounded like it represents a modulation? I like the sound of her voice. Nice quality. Funny how the delay on the snare becomes so pronounced when the song slows.

Electro Kafi, there's a popular raga in Indian music called Kafi..same spelling. I dig this more. I like when when the bass comes in. Damn I just realized she is singing Indian solfeggio and style. Hah! She studied Indian music some. Cool. I didn't hear her use Shuddh Gandhar, only Komal Gandhar. Or maybe she did. It's hard to tell in this live session. In any case I like this track and the sounds in it more. Tell her I said well done....not that it matters what the hell I think but it's nice when someone understands whatever it is someone else is doing and appreciates it. Unless that's your voice Brad :P

Message 26/29             03-Dec-01  @  07:43 PM   -   RE: Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks

marianimal

Link?:  No link

Comments much appreciated from all. Sitar, the shuddh Ga comes in in only one phrase that repeats 2x: G m n D P m g R. Maybe it would be nice to use it more, it's a lovely note.

Hm, anglo folk juxtaposed with hard mad rhythm. I'm intrigued by this suggestion but if I try to imagine Sandy Denny blasting through a sound system it sounds all wrong. Any examples?

I do indeed have a pleated Catholic girl skirt, but I think the waist is a bit small for Brad. He'd have to leave it undone and wear suspenders.

Message 27/29             03-Dec-01  @  09:27 PM   -   RE: Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks

sitar

Yea I thought I heard the note in there somewhere. Lose some weight Brad. We all want to see you in a pleated catholic girl skirt.

Message 28/29             04-Dec-01  @  05:29 AM   -   RE: Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks

brad

sitar- the JPEGs are on their way to your email account ;-)

Thanks for listening y'all. I've been returning the favor as of late, and it seems the quality of tunes has gone up here at DT...nice.

Message 29/29             06-Dec-01  @  11:42 PM   -   RE: Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks

Boxwell

Think they've all just about covered it

Love Radical is my favourite one. Love that bo bo be dip noise. Hmmm, well I know what I mean.

I'm a bit sick of the sound of garage now that we are getting all the commercial stuff in the UK. Must be a London thing.

Photos of me in a kilt going for a reasonable price?

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 29 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)