aaa I'm giddy - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: I'm giddy

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 25-Feb-03  @  07:53 AM   -   I'm giddy

psylichon

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Ok, how did I miss out on listening to Lemon Jelly all this time? How did this slip by my radar? Have you guys been talking behind my back about how absolutely amazing these productions are, and how I would consider it among the best music ever, and how you deemed me not worthy somehow? Or did we all miss it? Wow! If you haven't heard yet, please do. I can't imagine a soul on the planet not digging these tracks. All of em! Brilliant! Fuck me! I need to get better  

psy

p.s. - if I'm laughably behind the times please forgive me. wouldn't be the first time.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/29             06-Mar-03  @  01:57 PM   -   RE: I'm giddy

§ï†ÅR

Link?: Link

Funny thing is "Chime" I keep telling myself I have to go back and listen to that track. The friend of mine who turned me on to electronic dance music by telling me I have to listen to Orbital is from the UK. He told me that the track that broke Orbital bigtime into the US was Chime, a track that was never a fav among the Euro listeners. He always wondered why people in the US loved Chime. I do to but thinking about it I have to listen again and see if I find something in it.

Message 22/29             06-Mar-03  @  02:11 PM   -   RE: I'm giddy

man called clay

Link?:  No link

chime broke orbital in the us?
i don't think so.....i knew orbital-heads raving waaay before that and chime never got airplay.
and i was still listening to radio at the time....which i never do now...just like television.
it was with snivilization...orbital started to become touted as the most-important techno band in the world label.

as for moby he simply lost it after everything is wrong....which is still a landmark in electronic music (for me).
he released his rock album...animal rights which wasn't even good rock in my opinion....slagged the entire electronic/dance community...said he wanted to hang out with the spice girls....and almost
produced guns-n-roses.
geez.
then play....only porcelain and why does my hurt so bad sounded from the heart.
the rest just trying to funk and yet not really.

as for bt...he just pointed to himself so much onstage...going...me!!!! me! ! !! me!!!!
and sounded horrible as a bad rock band could.

orbital....yes.
are they the golden girls too?!?!?!
listen to the trance version of frenetic....

Message 23/29             06-Mar-03  @  03:18 PM   -   RE: I'm giddy

§ï†ÅR

Chime was before Sniv wasn't it?

I did mistate that. He said Chime was a big hit in the US and never was in the UK. They still play it on tours here (can't remember if they did in The Altogether Tour) and I understand they don't in the the UK.

Message 24/29             06-Mar-03  @  05:16 PM   -   RE: I'm giddy

Normal

Psylichon - if you like LJ and Royksopp, get hold of some Ulrich Schnauss (on City Centre Offices). It's a bit more electro than the others, but still melodic and dreamy. Just discovered his "far away trains passing by" album today, which has been out about a year and a half, so just goes to show i'm not really up on what's about. Saying that, i'm not sure if i already know most of it, or just recognise the warm fuzzy feeling  

Message 25/29             07-Mar-03  @  02:07 AM   -   RE: I'm giddy

man called clay

you're right sitar...chime before snivelization. my confusion.

Message 26/29             07-Mar-03  @  12:24 PM   -   RE: I'm giddy

§ï†ÅR

woohoo! once every 7 years i'm right about something. sorry you had to be in my path Clay. oh well, nothing but stupidity out of me for the next 7 years  

Message 27/29             07-Mar-03  @  03:04 PM   -   RE: I'm giddy

man called clay

it's okay sitar...these tire tracks are sure to wear off soon enough....but please be more careful next time!!!!

Message 28/29             09-Mar-03  @  08:09 AM   -   RE: I'm giddy

psylichon

Schnauss... class recommendation, normal. Thank you!

Message 29/29             10-Mar-03  @  04:34 PM   -   RE: I'm giddy

Normal

No prob, glad you like!
Al

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 29 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)