aaa Project 5 - it's arrived !! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

17-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Project 5 - it's arrived !!

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 22-Apr-03  @  01:37 PM   -   Project 5 - it's arrived !!

k

Link?:  Link
File?:  [image]

[image file]

it's here - nice box anyways   - hmmm!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/29             26-Apr-03  @  11:36 AM     Edit: 26-Apr-03  |  11:37 AM   -   RE: Project 5 - it's arrived !!

psylichon

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

k, I really have to ask how long you've REALLY used Sonar. Fucking around for a few hours every now and then will not get you fast in any program. You know all this no doubt, but I'm just wondering if you're being fair here.

I agree with everything you've said so far, and Sonar needs some "professionalizing" to be sure, but in no way would I say its faults "slow me down"... it's just like any program, with use comes familiarity comes speed. I take pride in my ability to work fast as an engineer, so I'm constatly looking for shortcuts to make the technical aspects of music making an instinctual thing... and Sonar comes very close! Give it time!

(and listen to the man, mr. cakewalk)

(and add multiple MIDI output ports/channels per track... I WANNA LAYER!!!)

psy

Message 22/29             27-Apr-03  @  01:19 AM   -   RE: Project 5 - it's arrived !!

rickyannotta

Link?:  No link

Can anyone suggest a USB soundcard that has drivers that work well with P5 & P5 rewired in Sonar?

Message 23/29             27-Apr-03  @  01:36 AM   -   RE: Project 5 - it's arrived !!

k

mate - I tell you seriously - cannot work eithout a grid end of story because I am arranging blocks of data... how the hell can I do that without a grid?

that's just ONE issue

I get tired to make drum patterns only to close them and find a variety of note lengths - it's tedious when I SHOULD be able to DEFINE the blasted length - it's a WORK tool after all - what sort of TOOL doesnt let you define the parementers you wish whicxh are fundamental measurements in the desired equation and need to be defined

that's another

no amount of time spent with it'll change those issues

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 24/29             27-Apr-03  @  11:01 AM   -   RE: Project 5 - it's arrived !!

k

anyways this discussion is about SONAR - not Project5 - I dont have any moans about Project5 so far as I've used it... i dont want people to mix things up who read this thread.

Message 25/29             02-May-03  @  02:42 PM   -   RE: Project 5 - it's arrived !!

k

A question for Mr Cakewalk - I wondered how you guys tests had come on with PROJECT5 and Cubase SX?

I got the chance to try Project5 with a mates SX 1.5 , and yes, Project5 appears in SX's preferences as a listed rewire source, it also is available for selection in the menu as you'd normally see REWIRE, there is now a rewire for REASON and PROJECT5

however, on loading Project5, no instruments appear for selection by SX's Track/midi destination selection -

Normaly after opening REASON, when you select a midi track, the REASON sound-generators appear for selection on a midi track the same was that VSTi's are visible for selection

But with Project5 no such instruments are available

Did you find this at all?... or is there some other procedure to do?... I followed the manual which was just saying exactly what you do with REASON in the same circumstances of rewire - I did it all right, but no Project5 instruments appear in SX

any clues? - or is this a case of: 'We have to wait for an update from Steinberg' ??

Message 26/29             15-May-03  @  12:22 PM   -   RE: Project 5 - it's arrived !!

k

sorry i didn't get time to do any more PROJECT5 stuff over the last 2 weeks, we've been chokka full doing client sessions... soon

Message 27/29             31-May-03  @  01:24 AM   -   RE: Project 5 - it's arrived !!

Yonce N Mild

My copy showed up a couple of days ago i got it installed and kind of went through the instructions and put a song together real quick while I learned each piece. So far i am extremely impressed i love the way you work with this thing the whole pattern secuencer and track sequencer concept is sweet. All of the synths sound great i am really impressed with psyn and I havn't really gotten to far past the presets. I can't even tell you how happy i am with project 5 so far. when i get a full song put together I'll post it for ya'll to check out.

Message 28/29             31-May-03  @  09:31 AM   -   RE: Project 5 - it's arrived !!

k

yeah the sequencer with it's pattern bin rocks eh!

Message 29/29             31-May-03  @  04:55 PM   -   RE: Project 5 - it's arrived !!

Yonce

It is a perfect fit for the way I work. It is so easy to build drum groves using cyclone plus the pattern sequencer.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 29 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)