aaa I am a GOD - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

27-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: I am a GOD

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 25

Original Message                 Date: 14-Aug-99  @  09:05 AM   -   I am a GOD

Coppertony

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I'm no GEEK, and I don't Flame. I figured I could get help from some intelligent musicians, but all of you would rather talk about burned retinas. Well, I'm going with Cubase, Yamaha DSP, a midi interface, and that will get me started. I'm researching the Nord Lead, or Waldorf Keyboards (FIZMO Sux) and a couple rack mounts (Emu Orbit, Korg N1R, Etc.) The new Korg Triton is great, I messed with it, it has a built in sampler, so that would alleviate me buying one. Don't offend me, I'm way cool, and you might be surprised to know who I am

Tony

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/246             15-Aug-99  @  12:44 PM   -   RE: I am a GOD

coppertony

Keeping my mouth shut

Thanks

Message 22/246             15-Aug-99  @  01:44 PM   -   RE: I am a GOD

Marko

There isn't actually anything wrong with the Trtion though

Message 23/246             15-Aug-99  @  07:52 PM   -   RE: I am a GOD

rawgarlic

waldorf waldorf waldorf waldorf

Message 24/246             16-Aug-99  @  03:18 AM   -   RE: I am a GOD

Jasper

you know it really bug me when people go 'I have a xxxxx synth ,don't laugh'.. It don't really matter what your using, it makes a noise right? So f**ck-em if they think it's funny cos they have some megolithic super synth..

Most if the best tracks were done on shite equipment anyway.. Shite usually means gritty and hard in my experience.

Of course this makes more sense if you like hard music.

Message 25/246             16-Aug-99  @  06:15 AM   -   RE: I am a GOD

Muttley

I am a DOG. Wuff!

Message 26/246             16-Aug-99  @  06:40 AM   -   RE: I am a GOD

Jasper

mutley!!!

stop that pigeon.... now!!!!

Message 27/246             16-Aug-99  @  10:51 AM   -   RE: I am a GOD

Tony

Teah, that makes sense Jasper. MY TS-12 have evoilved with me and never gave me any problems. I'd rather uses an un-popular board with odd sounds thatn the main stream boards leaving my music sounding like others.

I want to build a great home studio, filled with equipment. I write eveything from industrial trance to classical concertos. I've been writing for 14 years but I finally found someone that is willing to fund my dream. I have about a grand a month to spend on toys.

The ground breaking music has already been created. I just need to learn how to record it.

Tony

Message 28/246             16-Aug-99  @  12:25 PM   -   RE: I am a GOD

rawgarlic

go for waldorf say i

Message 29/246             16-Aug-99  @  12:41 PM   -   RE: I am a GOD

99devils

If cash is unlimited, get yourself a Virus or Waldorf Q and a Yamaha A3000. Then spend the rest of your time LEARNING THEM INSIDE AND OUT!!! I'm often a gearwhore, and I often fall into the trap that lots of gear or the latest whizbang will solve all my problems. It's not true.

The Triton is fantastic for real instruments, but the sampling on it is not going to be anything as good as say, an A3000 or Akai S5000 or something dedicated to sampling. When it comes to synth bleeps, go virtual analog, or real analog if you have the cash and patience to deal with those beasts. IF you need real instruments, you're better off buying a TR-Rack on closeout and pocketing the extra $2000 (it'll pay for your A3000 and some RAM and a Zip drive). Buy only one thing at a time, and learn it well, then decide what holes exist in your setup.

-Craig

Message 30/246             16-Aug-99  @  01:10 PM   -   RE: I am a GOD

Marko

Jasper- in some cases thats true but not, if like me you own a Casio SK-1. That is truely laughable.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 25

There are 246 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)