aaa SE-1? - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: SE-1?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 20-Oct-00  @  09:53 PM   -   SE-1?

scrotalsack

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

has anyone seen a picture of these new limited-edition MPC2Ks? I have been thinking of picking one up and if its not butt-ugly than the SE1 might be my choice... not even akai's website has it there, but it was intro'd at AES...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/33             27-Oct-00  @  03:32 AM   -   RE: SE-1?

WTF IS an SE-1

It aint no akai sampler as far as I can tell.And why are you so hung up on how your gear looks.Are you trying to impress girliez w/ it or what?

This is the akai sampler page but a company makes a sytnthesizer called an SE-1 Studio Electronics WTF?

Stop lookin at your gear and and explain about SE-1 please and I can probably help you find a GD picture so you can make a decision based on appearences.Don't you know that it takes 6 mos. from AES to see the shit in catalogs and then another 6 mos. before they deliver.now just tell me what it is you wan't to LOOK at.I have peeps at AKAI so if it's that then i'll email em and find you a damn jpg.But when I search for SE-1 I come up w/ Range Rover 4.0 SE and Nissan SE-R autos.WTF are you cryin about?I wanna argue bout MPC not look at pictures.

-;) Bastard be more fuckin specific!

Message 22/33             27-Oct-00  @  09:20 PM   -   RE: SE-1?

scrotalsack

the SE-1 is a limited edition MPC2000XL with a different case. i wanted to see some pictures of it to see if the colors they used are stupid as hell or actually cool looking. i know its going to be a while before they're available, its just i want an mpc, i dont know if i should get a normal one or wait for the se1 if it actually looks decent. im just willing to pay a little extra for something that stands out, that's all.

BTW, H, a finalizer is already on my shopping list...  

Message 23/33             27-Oct-00  @  11:24 PM   -   RE: SE-1?

nobody

Link?: Link

they're out & they're ugly

Message 24/33             29-Oct-00  @  06:53 AM   -   RE: SE-1?

A lil Pecking

Yes they are very attractive so please buy one so you can look at it.The Finalizer is black you don't need that get something chrome so you can look at yourself whenever you feel insecure.

gobble gobble

They sound so much better than the white ones.

Message 25/33             30-Oct-00  @  04:59 AM   -   RE: SE-1?

pecked his eyes out

Somebody should.i for one have never bought a piece of gear thinking anything about the appearence unless it was ugly but if it sounds good who cares what it looks like.

-;) I think joe Meek are a good example Ugly but it grows on you after you use it and realize fuck I need some of that meek stuff myself.it won't match my shoes though so I don't think i want it.Fuck I'll buy new shoes cause even the cheap meek sounds brialliant.Thank you England.

Message 26/33             30-Oct-00  @  08:57 PM   -   RE: SE-1?

cs

your so vain, i'll bet you think this thread is just for you, dont you?

Message 27/33             30-Oct-00  @  10:33 PM   -   RE: SE-1?

scrotalsack

jesus christ, they are ugly...

Message 28/33             31-Oct-00  @  04:13 AM   -   RE: SE-1?

H

looks like nuclear puke huh?

get the white one it aint black.Who's so vain ME ok.

transluscent bender colors suck.

Message 29/33             31-Oct-00  @  08:38 PM   -   RE: SE-1?

scrotalsack

yes they do suck... damn that was dissapointing. all this shit just to have it look like something from the teletubbies.

Message 30/33             01-Nov-00  @  02:36 PM   -   RE: SE-1?

druma

I dont think that these r the SE-1, these mpc were special display units made for namm, u don't even c se1 anywere on the pic (usually it would b right there w the "mpc2000xl" logo so it would look something like "mpc2000xlSE-1" so hang in there,m there is still hope .. and I don't c nothing wrong w prefering to own great looking kit, it brings a cool vibe in the studio.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 33 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)